YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi,
abucksdiver here, joined up after getting fed up with some of the politics on handbag.net.

Based in Buckinghamshire ("darn sarf") but my wifes (my buddy) family live in Ripon Norf Yorks!

PADI AOW, 45ish dives, from Wraysbury (aka that muddy puddle near Heathrow), Stoney, Sarf coast (Weymouth/Portland, Swanage) to the Caribean.

Hope to get PADI Rescue Diver this year....

Thats about it.....

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi

Did Wraysbury once, i'd say thats enough but its a good training location with enough resorces for me. Very good access as well.

Look forward to seeing  your posts.

Regards

Paul

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi, good to have you with us.  Were you challenged to handbags at dawn, or handbags at 10 paces?!!  Dive safely!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

YES
another shandy drinker slips in.

Welcome to these nice pastures, hope to see you diving soon.

Matt
(Aka Aquabin - oh no!)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi, All,
Thanks for your welcomes.
Matt, Yep, another Shandy Drinker from Darn Sarf (although I have to drink the real stuff when visiting the bosses family in Ripon, but with Theakstons and Black Sheep on the doorstep, a trip to the Mucky Duck is no hardship....)
Wraysbury... I both love and hate the place! It is about 20 minutes drive from home, has reasonable facilities, but can be so kicked up that diving it is no fun. Last May, I completed my PADI AOW there, and had to press my compass to my mask to see it whilst doing my NAV. I missed the bus, when I was less than 1 metre away from the damn thing!
Hoping to get a bit more diving in this year....

Regards
abucksdiver

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Bucks,

Welcome to YD and glad to have you with us mate.

Good luck with your DM course - if we can be of any help, just ask. If you need buddies based near you, just ask, as we've an ever growing 'Sarf' division.

Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts