YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Well I am heading back up to York in the next month having spent the past 7 years down in London so will be needing to find some "local" diving.

Also looking for a club that is Inspiration friendly and wont freak when I start diving TMX on 40m dives!!!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Shouldnt have come ere then!
Just kidding, welcome.
Matt
(Southern Shandy drinker)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Darren,

A very warm welcome aboard mate!

You're more than welcome to hook-up with our existing team of 'box' users, and join us for any dives that we do (every weekend since the 13th of Jan this year at the moment!). Please see the Planned Trips section to get a feel of what's on offer and then get in amongst it. And don't be shy when it comes to suggesting a dive trip either - you will get takers.

Look forward to meeting and diving with you and reading your posts and replies.

Cheers,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Imported post

Hey Sooty

You just keep popping up chap!  How are you, change of job I take it? No more Selsey diving for you then?

PMT

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Welcome!  I'm sure you'll feel at home with the 'yellow box brigade', I'm not one of them though.  Be safe and dive safely.  :froggy:

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

nowt wrong with mix for 40m - cheap enough on box:thumb:
Dive safe,
            Terry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Peter

Yes you will see me down Selsey still quite a bit just means I need to plan ahead a bit more!!!!

Yes it is a new job taken a while to get things sorted but got there in the end!!!

Darren

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

Hi Darren and welcome,
There are a few clubs in york, but I know what you mean about freaking about 40mtr+ dives on mix, I am a member of a club in York and they are a freindly bunch, but not into deep stuff.
As for local sites the Farnes is 2hrs away and theres plenty of wrecks off Whitby and scarboro,
I also dive mix, but no turtle yet, and could do with someone local to dive with. If you fancy it there is 2 spaces left on easter weekend in oban on the Jane R for some deep stuff, everyones on twins and a couple on rebreathers I think! Im in a car on my own so just let me know,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Hi Paul

Not quite sure what I am doing work wise at the moment new job means I will have some weekend work to do so cant commit to Easter at the moment.

Would be good to hook up with you at some point and hopefully we can get something sorted.

Cheers

Darren

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

No worries,
Just give us a shout anytime you want to get wet.
Ill be diving most weekends this year either with the Y/D gang,or my club in York( next meeting Tuesday 11 March 8pm at Thomas`s pub on Museum St York, pop down if you get a chance) there is a club in Scarboro Id like to check out as its close to York and their chairman Nigel says they have a few boats, which sounds promising.:thinking:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Paul

Whats the name of your club in York and whats the name of the one in Scarbourgh.

Wont be in York full time until after 21st March which when the new job starts. Otherwise I would be interested in coming along to your Tuesday meet. Is that a once a month thing?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

Darren
My club in York is called Overland/Underwater and is run by Sue of the same named shop in meuseum st, Ill email you more details. As for the club in Scarboro, their called Open divers, they have a nice little write up in this months Diver mag on page 18, alright for some ehh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts