YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peeps!

Sorry for the delay with the intro. I've just left the UK and emigrated to Sydney. The diving here if great though I do miss the days at NDAC and the bacon butties! I'm due to sit my PADI Instructors exam this weekend:embarassed: , and can hopefully carve a career in this great industry. I'm a little burnt out with OW students with a fear of water, but can't wait to teach! At least the water over here is 19 degrees so no need for a drysuit, though viz is often an issue.

I've spent a lot of time over the last year in Egypt and had a romance with the place, but alas, the air fares from the sunny land of Oz are too expensive for a quick week away. I also like to indulge in the tek side of things, I recently completed my Extended Range and hope to complete the Advanced Trimix by the end of this year, just started dabbling into the mysterious world of DIR too but still a little dubious!!!

Regards,

Beck

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Hi Peeps!

Sorry for the delay with the intro. I've just left the UK and emigrated to Sydney. The diving here if great though I do miss the days at NDAC and the bacon butties! I'm due to sit my PADI Instructors exam this weekend:embarassed: , and can hopefully carve a career in this great industry. I'm a little burnt out with OW students with a fear of water, but can't wait to teach! At least the water over here is 19 degrees so no need for a drysuit, though viz is often an issue.

I've spent a lot of time over the last year in Egypt and had a romance with the place, but alas, the air fares from the sunny land of Oz are too expensive for a quick week away. I also like to indulge in the tek side of things, I recently completed my Extended Range and hope to complete the Advanced Trimix by the end of this year, just started dabbling into the mysterious world of DIR too but still a little dubious!!!

Regards,

Beck
hi beck, hope the course going ok welcome to YD
not really sure why you haven't had any replies - I'm sure its nothing to do with where you are :frown:
more likely that there is a yd trip this weekend

best wishes
steven

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Beck,

a warm welcome to YD, I hope you enjoy the boards.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
208 Posts
At least the water over here is 19 degrees so no need for a drysuit, though viz is often an issue.

Pfft, wait till youve dived here for a while then you'll be in a dry suit all year round, I spent my 1st year in a 5mm wet suit, then 1/2 the 2nd in a 7mm semidry and have dived all this year dry... mmm toasty and winter is here so the viz will soon fix itself up

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure, all gate crashers welcome! Sydney's a great place. Good news too, I passed my IE on sunday, so now got OWSI status, can't wait to get started, only we're having gail force winds, beached tankers and hence all dive sites blown out and typically we've got a bank holiday this monday - it's like being back in sunny Wales! Rescue course theory lessons tomorrow instead, which should be fun!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.