YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi Big Steph from Glasgow.  I've been diving for 18years and a Masterdiver formerly with ScotSAC. Still dive but not as much as I would like.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Hi Big Steph,

Good to see the YD Scottish fraction is still growing.... you could be a new friend for  :froggy:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Thanks guys.  So who are the Scottish faction then, any from the scotsac forum?  Driftwood..I noticed your postings on the Portencross Project.  Might get involved myself if time allows.
Catch ya all later
PS, how do you work the wee emoticon thingies.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Big Steph on 9:47 pm on Oct. 27, 2002
Thanks guys.  So who are the Scottish faction then, any from the scotsac forum?
<span =''>
There's me, Frog, Gavster, Fi to start with.... can't remember who else - ooops! But scotsac has a forum? :amazed:
</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
PS, how do you work the wee emoticon thingies.
<span =''>
Click on "Emoticons are enabled" and cut and paste the relavent code ie. ; and ) gives ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Hi Driftwood,
ScotSAC had a good forum not that long ago, with interesting contributions/jokes from the regulars.  Some cracking wind ups going on as well.  I knew some of the guys and they were bloody good divers, keeping the serious heads on when in the water, reverting back to one liners when everyone was safe on shore.  
However, there were complaints from non contributors and they got it shut down. :yuck: Some of us know the real reason tho';)
Hope the icons work

(Edited by Big Steph at 11:02 pm on Oct. 27, 2002)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Ah well, at least it didn't go like the BS-AC forum eh Steve W? Looks like you got the hang of the emoticons...

As for forums, guess I'll just have to "abuse" here, portencross, the "dark side", UKDivers to name a few. Hope to catch you in the water soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Imported post

driftwood
I'm quite new to forums and have seen several mentions
of the "dark side" as you have just mentioned in your previous post, can you tell me just what the "dark side" is?

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Drift, really!  Putting the wind up the newbies!  Hi Big Steph, welcome aboard.  Nice to have you with us, I'm a Glasgow residing frog.  Look forward to reading your posts.  Be safe and dive safely.  :froggy:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Imported post

Hi Big Steph,
Good to see you on a forum again.  If you Billy and some of the others would start writing, it would be like old times.   I enjoyed your contributions on the SSAC forum. Abbey is not Coatbridge scubababe.  I suspected many things about the closure of the SSAC forum, I heard the official version.  As one of the voiciferous minority I wrote to Ken and asked him to reconsider. I know the official statement why the forum was closed. However the few contributors who asked questions or wrote critical articles can't help thinking it was closed to shut them up.  
If your looking for a Sunday dive buddy this winter give us an email.  

(Edited by budgy at 11:10 am on Oct. 28, 2002)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the welcome people and hello again to you Budgie.  How are things with you, OK I hope.  So what was the official statement?
Meant to be diving with Billy last week, but he had the flu, (nothing to do with the Elle McPherson look alike I saw him with up in Oban recently).  Lucky sod and I am not jealous. Rumour has it that some divers want him on the NDC again.
I will look forward to being vociferous by posting many bits of nonsense....Any body into motorbikes?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Big Steph!
Scotsac eh? I've heard about you guys, 50 metres, open a can of Tennants super strength and suck it down thru a straw in the side of your reg. Of course the hard bit is lighting your cigarette! :boozer:
But seriously, I've heard sterling stuff about SSACs standards. Pity about their forum but like Drifty suggested the BSAC one can be a bit of a pain. :blahblah:

So the Scottish contingent is growing by leaps and bounds, but where's all the Geordies like man! :yelling:
Chee-az
Steve W

·
Registered
186 Posts
Imported post

Hi Big Steph,
I am okay and diving regularly.  The club campers and Summer season divers have put away their kit till next spring.  
Last I heard of Stavi he was offering a bike riding lovely lady a job in his kebab shop, but that was ages ago. I think she was a Glasgow South mermaid but since the closure of the forum I don't know if he was ever able to persuade her.   I saw Billie and Archie on a SSAC training day at St Catherine's the other month but was kept busy with training so didn't get enough social time.  Talking about bikes I saw a scruffy custom V twin with a BSA logo. It looked like a Japanese clone of an Indian with a British logo. Did you ever ride a British classic bike?
Regards official version see link address http://scotsac.community.everyone.net/community/scripts/directory.pl        

(Edited by budgy at 5:38 pm on Oct. 29, 2002)

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Steve - I am from Tyneside, despite living in north Glasgow!  Dive safely.  Ribbet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

Steve,  us Scots dive to 50 metres just to clear our heads. (the wee smilie fith one down):biggrin:  ah got it.  Tried that nookie broon once, sick as a dog.  Is this usual after 12 bottles??:yuck: :unitaz:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts