YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GUE Instructor
9,260 Posts
This weekend was the third in a row of underwater rape and pillage at Vobster with Andy Kerslake as we have our Tech1 evaluation in ten days. Too tired to write proper training report. We turned up. We got in the water. Kerslake got in the water. Carnage ensued. We got out. We did a minute by minute debrief of the dive. Repeat all weekend. Sigh.

Oh well, at least Gareth got to play with his new toy camera....

Two piccies of me :)

Actually, I couldn't leave this post like this. Kerslake is the best diver I have ever seen. Period. Whilst your training with him you wonder what the point of it all is as you can't possibly absorb everything he's telling you. Then you get back in the water and somehow it has sunk in. I can't figure it out. Sometimes I wonder if he waits until we go to sleep/black out in the evening and makes us listen to tapes saying "For Christ's sake tuck your lightcord away when you clip it off", and "if you clip your light over your long hose again I'll cut the thing off".

·
life is too short
1,987 Posts
Best of luck Garf,
The B&W pic looks as though he had no gloves on for a moment... bbrrrrrr

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
I thought Andy had 'retired', or are you just 'speshul' Garf? ;)

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
That is sooooo not Garf....far too thin. he is letting down Team Burger. now where are all those burger pics from DIRx 06.....back in second :)

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
Yeah we've been slimming - I have a delicious, nutricious Slimfast shake for breakfast, a delicious, nutricious Slimfast shake for lunch and then a small branch of KFC for supper. Living the GUE dream baby...living the dream...

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
What no pics of the other chimp :)
Unfortunately he wasn't around on the Saturday as he was selling some cheap (to him, but not to them) Japanese tat to a family from Oxford but he did make it down for a good beasting on the Sunday. (No, Digger wasn't there, but someone on the board we all know and love was :) Unfortunately I don't have the pictures on this laptop...)

This was taken on a fun dive on the Saturday afternoon across in the far left of the quarry as you look from the shop. Between 20m and 5m there is a small petrified wood and these are some of the remains. Unfortunately the viz wasn't as good as last weekend where we had around 15m horizontal and 25m vertical viz.

I think Tim's hoover had broken down during the week. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts