YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi folks,
         This has came from a good friend. Gav, Fi you know who I mean i.e. "What you doing feeling my ar*e?"

- felt like a flag on the descent, came up feeling like shit - bad head and sick plus lost my lovely new light cannon torch(insurance won't pay up either) - next dive we attempted to dive through this channel with lots of seals - unfortunately the tide was running and I got pushed onto the rocks and had great difficulty getting off them - kinda wedged!! - P**l managed to get me off them but I had lost my mask due to waves crashing over my head - got back on board and then proceeded to be sick for the next 40 minutes - blinding headache and I hadn't even managed to get underwater - was off sick yesterday with it - still hanging round today - popping the pain killers.So an eventful dive weekend!!!

Do I take from that as the worst? Or from the girls, Does this sound like girlie things?

I spoke to her earlier today and she sounded distant/cagey/odd. The question really is; Do I turn round and say "Right darling, off to Millport with you?".
Help me on this one troops. She really is a good friend. (Just her hubby doesn't exactly like me)

Peter

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Hi folks,
          Spoke to her today and thankfully she seems a lot better.
Steve, I think you're right. Later on last night I came to the conclusion that it sounds more like a CO2 hit. A neuro bend wouldn't have given her a headache as your brain doesn't have any nerve endings to feel pain from a bend.
The pot at Millport "should" be running again as it was only shutting for a week or so till they scavenged bits off the old one and put them in the new one.
Anyway, I'm probably seeing her on Sat so I'll run up and push her as hard as I can just to check her balance

Peter

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Phill @ July 25 2003,11:14)]The pot at Millport is not running again yet, because we are NOT "scavenging bits off the old one to put on the new one", although 12 storage cylinders are being retained (along with 24 new ones - I've got air coming out of my ears). The b----y build company is now running 18 weeks late on an 18 week contract, yes I've sent them a letter of congrats.
Having said that what they've done is good - mind you on a £300,000 contract around a metal tube it should be).
My apologies Phill,
                           I thought you were taking piping and other bits and pieces off the old one. Scavenging was probably the wrong choice of word.

Peter

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Update,
I'm just off the 'phone to D and she was chambered on Thurs and Fri. If it wasn't for the advice from here and me, she would have carried on ignoring what her body was saying.

Thanks troops
Peter

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

Thanks Daz. The poor girl said she's done nothing but sleep. The stupids buggers never even thought to put her on O2. Even after she had been throwing up for 40mins on the boat and complaining about a headache. Ignorant assholes. One of them even offered to take her in for a dive!!!!!
But anyway, she's OK. If I hadn't listened to YD I wouldn't have "told" her to get checked.

Thanks troops
Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.