YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I know there's a couple of old kit afficionados on here so here's something from UK divers in case anyone is interested
Antique kit
Chee-az
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi,

I have some old kit in the loft and wondered if it is still worth anything.

I have a steel single 60 (that is cubic feet - no idea how this relates to cubic metres) which was dried, cleaned and tested in 1972 and has been stored ever since - never used. No sign of rust and it has black and white shoulders (now apparently very fashionable - at the time everyone was going for shiny yellow cylinders).

I also have a Siebe Gorman Mistral twin hose (the hose is disintegrating) with a pressure valve attached. Would need a service and new rubber bits.

Are these worth anything?
SG Mistral for spares/nostalgia.
Single 60 - worth more than the cost of a test?

Sad, really. I was an active diver and Marine Biology student. Then I got a job in London programming computers (no money in Marine Biology) and somehow never dived again.

Nearest I got was on Crete a couple of years ago - was all set for a trial dive but the weather turned nasty and diving was cancelled.

TIA

Dave R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Steve,

Hobby and Gully are yer men for this kinda kit. Oh, and Wreckie and Andy-the-Commie too maybe.

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

I would'nt mind the Mistral,just for the sake of having it really,but alas I'm broke at present.Mon from the CDG was after a twin hose a while ago,I'll see if I can raise him.
Hobby.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts