YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

A mate of mine's developed a primary HUD for use on the Inspiration (just in the process of plumbing one of the prototypes into my YBOD, I get to be a guinea pig  
) and we believe there's a market for it in the KISS world.
Just need to find a unit to tinker with..

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

Hmmmm, tell me more.... but beware.. "tinker with" worries me ;)

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

It's a 3-cell monitor using 2LEDs per cell, sat on the mouthpiece just in the corner of your field of view. Basically gives you advance warning of high or low PO2s.  It's a 'Primary' HUD due to it's design (which I'm not going to go into, though if you're interested I can put you in touch with the mad inventor himself).

By tinkering, I meant look the unit over & see what'd be involved in plumbing it in, cell voltages etc  
He just needs a bit more info on the technical side of things.  Sound interesting?

·
3,628 Posts
Imported post

The KISS uses R22D's (or R22BUD's) depending on what you feel like chucking in there. So the cell output is the same as the inspiration.

It could be interesting, drop me an email.

sharkyyy (at) ntlworld.com

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Imported post

how much are you looking at for a KISS R/B theese days?

·
3,628 Posts
Imported post

They were $4k. Dunno about now... mind you.. the exchange rate is favourable, right now!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi there, i asked the very ? to Gordon and had a reply on Friday, the KISS sells at $4600 with $175 shipping dont forget you will also be hit with a rather large VAT bill for import.

If you have it without the First Stages deduct $200 and if u dont want the OC/DSV mouthpiece deduct a further $350, i know a person who has made a very good adapter so you can use the Inspiration mouthpiece.

All the best

Laurence

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Personally I reckon the OC/DSV mouthpiece is a great idea & Gordon's integration of it is about the neatest I've seen.  One of these days I'm going to strap one on to me Inspiration.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Rob, i dont know anything about the KISS OC/DSV but several INSPO people have told me that Bobs one is much better, have you tried his one.

Laurence

1 - 9 of 9 Posts