YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Right then guys, some of you may have noticed the thread in the need a buddy section. What began as me needing a buddy for a couple of dives over a weekend is now organised as diving from Andy's boat Taurus in Eastbourne.

Saturday is full, but there's space sunday, 4 in the morning, and 6 in the afternoon. First come, first served.

If yuo want to come, follow this Link and put your name down under the others.

I warn you, it is Mothering Sunday. No excuses you've been called away on family business because now you have been warned!!!

I wonder whether I'll have got the calendar thing right. Congratulations to me if I have, I've never done that before!

Cheers.

Digs.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ Feb. 07 2004,20:15)]I wonder whether I'll have got the calendar thing right.
No you haven't, it should be 21st of March.

Good god, all that tax payers money wasted....................

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Bugger.

It's the 21st.

And the money doesn't pay for my education, just for beer and women. You must notice the large number of beers and women that seem to follow me around!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

Surely the beer walks just ahead of you. You can always see it when you look down and if there is to much beer walking around with you there is a chance you can't see your....feet

Paul

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Digger,

tried to PM you:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That member's Private Messenger box is full and is unable to accept any new messages.
what's the cost for the dives on the 21st?  I could be up for it if I can get out of any mothering sunday obligations!

Andy

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Best to PM Andy. He might be on summer prices by then (it's the first day of spring isn't it?)

I know my PM box is full. I've been trying to empty it but failing. Can't delete messages. I'm probabyl just being stupid. E-mail me if you like. I'll put you down as a maybe, OK?

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ Feb. 09 2004,14:26)]I'll put you down as a maybe, OK?
<font color='#810541'>you can put me down as a definite - both dives on the Sunday (permission received from the Mrs!)

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>We're all going on a, summer holiday...

Sounds like a whole lot of fun now.

Still a couple of spaces sunday morning, and a couple more sunday afternoon. Anyone want to bring a buddy along?

Pm's not working, e-mail me if interested, or post here.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Jamie,

Thats because i was working on the site.....But yes , i do have a hosting company , just waiting for the details to change from one server to another ,,,

Andy

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Bump.

We've only got one space left sunday morning, and 3 sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

What time does the boat leave Sunday?
I may be interested in the first dive if it isn't at silly o'clock am

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I am a stupid stupid man. I've just read through the thread, and it seems that DanE has asked for 2 places a long time ago. There was me wondering why he wanted to be put on the list when he already was, and now I see it. Looks like Sunday morning's full, so there's 2 places unday afternoon now.

One Digger for sale. Needs new brain and MOT. £5.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

Bugger, that was get out clause for going to stoney with rest of my clan that weekend for pre-season warm up.

If anyone cancels on either of the morning dives on Sat or Sun and you need the space filling then give me a shout.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Will do Dan. Have you got a mobile number you can PM me? It's just in case it's a fairly last-minute thing, and I'll be away from Friday night onwards, so won't be on the boards.

Digs.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Right then. Time for times and places to get sorted. Saturday morning will be a fairly late leave time, and sunday early. Andy's going to post exact times and places soon, so keep your eyes peeled.

If anyone needs to contact us after friday afternoon, best to phone Andy, his number's on the website and under all his posts on the boards. I'll be there from friday night, but it'd be a pain to post my number on the board or PM everyone, so Andy's is probably easiest.

Can everyone make sure they've checked the other post for my disclaimer. I'm not sure yet, but can anyone let me know if there's any reason why they can't bring their qual cards with them? It's just to cover my arse, as recent events in other places have forced this situation somewhat. It is covered in the disclaimer, but if someone's prepared to lie about their ticket, they are probably prepared to tell a few other porkies too. Sorry to get anal about that. Just covering my arse, as I technically am the co-ordinator for this weekend, and I don't want to end up in court for any reason! No logbooks needed. If you're qualified and feel comfortable with the plan you're ok to dive.

Roll on the weekend!

Digs.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Digger @ Mar. 15 2004,21:58)]why they can't bring their qual cards with them? It's just to cover my arse,
Bloody hell Digs - just how big do these qual cards need to be??  

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Ok Lads,,,,,, here goes ........ << this is the first time ever that i have been to Eastbourne >> although the tides look the same as Dover, i asked Steve from Channel Diving for a bit of help and some tips. The ARGONAUT is bested dived after High Water ( and this Saturday , just gone Channel Diving got bewteen 1 & 2 mts of viz )... So.
I'm leaving Dover on the friday, so that i can zap the Argonaut on the way past and get a acurate GPS fix and see what it looks like on the sounder.

SATURDAY

Leave time is 10:45 ( time is critical ) at the very latest to get you in the water for around 13:15  ( Eastbourne operates a tidal lock system to get out the harbour, gates open on the hour and 1/2 past the hour ) , we will do a drifty type dive on the way back, hopefully we can ALL get our heads together and plan something for the return trip dive whilst on passage to the Argonaut.

SUNDAY

To do the DUCHESS,,,, leave time ( time is critical ) are 04:45

The second dive which has not been decided yet to where/what you want to do is a 11:45 LEAVE TIME, i have just been told that some of you have to get to mummies for dinner .......

Andy

i'm leaving this to you lot to decide with DIGGER, as this is his gig  

<<<< Disclaimer, Digger ( Dive boss ) is the man that planned this weekend ,,,,,,,, therefore Andy is just the taxi driver and takes you to the planned dive sites on advice from the Dive Boss >>>>>

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Dear Mr & Mrs Digger,

if you kindly read the above dive times , I cannot see digger getting onto the boat at that time on Sunday morning , and if he could do the lunch time instead, would certainly make him late for dinner.

Now, as i'm away from home , to give your son a good weekends diving , surely you could cut some slack , and let him have mummys day dinner after his lunch time dive................

Dive boat skipper .

ps , my mum has to wait til Monday for her card and bunch of flowers nicked from church yard, plus i won't be home to see what my 2 little boys have made at school to give to my wife on sunday morning .

CAN YA SEE MY POINT
?
?
?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts