YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK off to Colwin bay at the W/end and id like to get Ling wet on a shalow but rewarding shore dive. So is there anything anyone can recommned?

Is the Viz OK at the moment?

and finaly is the a dive shop nearby where i can rent a tank as i only have trimix in my ones :D

ATB

Mark Chase

·
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
767 Posts
Not a lot of shore dives around here that I know of. The tide goes in and out a long way, so it will be very shallow and boring. The Great and Little Orme look interesting but apparently the currents are fairly strong and a bit unpredictable. There are some at the top of the Llyn peninsula, but that is a bit of a distance from Colwyn Bay. Richard at Frogsborn [01244 520333] might rent out a tank, or you cold pm me as I might have a tin of ordinary air in the garage.

David.

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
PMSL :D

Unfortunately Chris Holden's Volume II (South Stack to Somewhere further along) isn't out yet... Viz inshore tends to be a bit hit 'n miss, and the coast of North Wales is pretty exposed. Lots of nooks and crannies around coast of Angelsea though... There's a dive shop at Treaddur Bay and the bay in front of it is quite a popular shore diving spot.

Will pm you Chris's address - sure he'll have a bit more info for you...

·
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.