YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having 10 days in Ibiza in September and looking for any recommendations for dive centres - to use or not to use??

Looking to go "South" well opposite San Antonio on the map

thanks

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Seahorse Diving, but they're in Port Des Torrent not far from San An. HOWEVER! I was quite happy to make the half hour drive up there to dive, as they use the Cala Hort nature reserve which has by far the best diving on the island... Jeff is a top guy, and they're both BSAC and PADI school which an excellent boat...

All depends where you're staying and will you have a car to make the journey!?

·
Always did like HP sauce.....
736 Posts
Just landed back from Ibiza this morning.

Had initially tried to go with seahorse up in port des torrent as it was walking distance from our hotel. There was an initial exchange of emails and then Jeff seemed to drop off the charts and his shop wasnt open on the couple of times we tried - transpired that I came home to an apologetic email from him saying that he was having a few issues with internet. Fair enough, we all get times like that.

As a result and purely by chance, we had walked past the puntadive shop in port des torrent when Nick the overly handsome aussie (could someone please tell him I said that!) was in there. He could not have been more helpful and arranged for collection to take us to their centre for a few dives - a rather lovely place on the beach at, I think, Cala Martina. Frankly the two dives I did from their oversized rhib were less than inspiring but the service and people were great. As nick was my contact I had sent him a text on thursday asking if we could do another day diving on the friday, initially it was a yes but the boat developed issues which would take a few days to resolve so had another text a few hours later saying sorry it was a no go. I replied asking for some shore dives to get my other half a little happier in the water again and despite his boat issues and his wife being involved in a MAJOR car accident, he took the time to call me and sort something out. I was even asked by Jason, one of the partners, "What can we do to make your diving better?" - kind of summed up their customer service really.

Being as I was on holiday to destress without the kids Puntadive ticked all of the boxes and more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts