YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off on another dive...erm....I mean work trip in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone can recommend a Dive Centre in or near to Muscat. I'll be staying at the Grand Hyatt Hotel.

G

·
Give NeilB a shout, he runs the Bsac branch out of Muscat, and when we went to Oman last year, Hubby had a dive with him.

On our other dives we dived with Nabucco Extra Divers Resort, it is about a 10 minute taxi ride from Muscat town centre.

HTH

Corinne

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
As SWMBO says.............

Neil really is a top guy:)
In fact everyone I met at Muscat Bsac were fantastic:)

Lucky beggers, its a wonderful country, great diving.

·
Rapidly expanding member
285 Posts
I'm jealous - don't forget the sunscreen. The first time I went we were staying at Sawadi Beach Resort and they have a dive centre attached to it - Daymaniyat Divers who were good. Last time I went we were staying more in the centre of Muscat and dived with the Oman Dive Centre.
The diving over the Daymaniyat side was really good, though Sawadi is in a place called Barka which is about an hour's drive outside of Muscat I think.

·
Doyen of the Dodgy Dances, whilst being too legit,
1,635 Posts
I'm jealous - don't forget the sunscreen. The first time I went we were staying at Sawadi Beach Resort and they have a dive centre attached to it - Daymaniyat Divers who were good. Last time I went we were staying more in the centre of Muscat and dived with the Oman Dive Centre.
The diving over the Daymaniyat side was really good, though Sawadi is in a place called Barka which is about an hour's drive outside of Muscat I think.
We've also dived with both of these, (I have reports on my diving blog)the daymaniyats are beautiful and full of live and will be absolutely stunning this time of year. Worth the drive out of muscat. ODC is also very good. Definitely speak with NeilB though, he is a top top guy.

Mark

·
"Look mate, the problem's between the user and the
2,711 Posts
We've also dived with both of these, (I have reports on my diving blog)the daymaniyats are beautiful and full of live and will be absolutely stunning this time of year. Worth the drive out of muscat. ODC is also very good. Definitely speak with NeilB though, he is a top top guy.

Mark
ODC are very good... I like the way they pull in to a quiet cove for a brew between dives!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
There is also bluezone - based at the harbour between the British ambassadors house and the Al Bustan. But, on balance, ODC would be the outfit of choice - well run (with German efficiency) and a very pleasant beach and bar/restaurant for after the dives. Make sure you get to dive the Munnassir (think that's how you spell it) - a large naval reserve ship purposely sunk. It lies upright, the top is at 12M and the stern lies in a max depth of 28M. On a good day the vis on it exceeds 20 metres!!

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses guys.

Have PM'd Neil and will investigate your suggestions.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Well, I read all these post and I find myself blushing......

Just here to help in anyway I can......all divers together and all that!

Have PM'ed a reply but I would also recommend Global Scuba. Not so good if you don't know what you are doing but OK for experienced divers. They go to the Damaniyats everyday from the Aviation Beach Club. Journey takes about 40mins in their boat. ODC and BlueZone concentrate on Bander Khyran and Fahal.

The Munassir is also worth a dive - 83m long, 30m to the props, 15m to the bow deck, 6m to top of the superstructure.

·
NULLI-SECUNDUS
1,016 Posts
I'm off on another dive...erm....I mean work trip in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone can recommend a Dive Centre in or near to Muscat. I'll be staying at the Grand Hyatt Hotel.

Hi my mate was with the Oman Forces for a few years and joined and dived with Muscat Divers a BSAC Branch and I think a TDI centre as well

Muscat Divers Sub-Aqua Club
Marina Bander Al Rowder.

Mr Neil Bedwin
968 9935 5671
[email protected]

or

Underwater Explorers Middle East
CAYC

Mr O Agbebi
968 99410710
[email protected]

Best of luck
James
:teeth:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Errrm...that'll be me then!

Olly is a very nice chap but you may need to be GUE compliant to dive with him.

What was your mates name he may well know me.

Hi my mate was with the Oman Forces for a few years and joined and dived with Muscat Divers a BSAC Branch and I think a TDI centre as well

Muscat Divers Sub-Aqua Club
Marina Bander Al Rowder.

Mr Neil Bedwin
968 9935 5671
[email protected]

or

CAYC

Mr O Agbebi
968 99410710
[email protected]

Best of luck
James
:teeth:

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
another thumbs up for the Damaniyat Islands, very very nice diving. Been there done that and bought the t-shirt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts