YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jack and I have recently taken a job at Wraysbury Dive Centre near Heathrow.

Since my mum seams too be on here so often :teeth: I decided id make my own thread to see what the fuss is all about.

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Congrats! What job is it? What roles will you fulfil?

In short all divers want to buck the system and we all want an extra special deal.

In reality we are happy with honest service from someone that is happy in the job that they do. In essence you're now in the service industry so any time that you have the opportunity to exceed a divers expectations then you will start gaining a good reputation.

Juz

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! What job is it? What roles will you fulfil?

In short all divers want to buck the system and we all want an extra special deal.

In reality we are happy with honest service from someone that is happy in the job that they do. In essence you're now in the service industry so any time that you have the opportunity to exceed a divers expectations then you will start gaining a good reputation.

Juz
Good Advice :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Marianne?

I know she spends a lot on dive kit - but sending the children out to work seems a bit much.

On the other hand - hmmmm - good plan :D

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
ha ha ha... i was going to say Howard :D

Oh no, l don't have another YD brat...or do l ?

Hi Jack. l'll be popping along wed evening, it would be good to meet, especially if your holding a freebie John Smiths for me as a 'YD joining fee'

This is not something l've just thought of it's YD law :D

EDIT

Just checked the YD admission conditions and as well as the John Smiths it has to be loaded Nachos.

·
beyond a mid-life crises into complete insanity!
1,394 Posts

Hi Jack. l'll be popping along wed evening, it would be good to meet, especially if your holding a freebie John Smiths for me as a 'YD joining fee'

EDIT

Just checked the YD admission conditions and as well as the John Smiths it has to be loaded Nachos.

Sure he would if you were there - but you definately said you don't dive puddles

·
Registered
24,810 Posts

EDIT

Blimey...for a JS, i might just be tempted to go there this week if the weather holds up....

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Sure he would if you were there - but you definately said you don't dive puddles
Doh........you're quiet right, my better looking, more charming doppleganger will be there, but he will tell me how good the nacho's and beer are. :D

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Doh........you're quiet right, my better looking, more charming doppleganger will be there, but he will tell me how good the nacho's and beer are. :D
Is Wraysbury the one with the nice tarmac'd drive???? :angel:

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Blimey...for a JS, i might just be tempted to go there this week if the weather holds up....
Yeah, come on down Scubee, it would be nice to meet you.........well what l mean is it would be nice for my lookalike to meet you, because as we all know, l don't do puddles :angel:

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Is Wraysbury the one with the nice tarmac'd drive???? :angel:
How the feck would l know, never having been there myself :angel:

Gotta go now, the girlies on BB are each going to have one course out of a nine course meal with Ziggy the Montyboy :D

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Yeah, come on down Scubee, it would be nice to meet you.........well what l mean is it would be nice for my lookalike to meet you, because as we all know, l don't do puddles :angel:
Surely that depends on the amount of deco ............... in fact, at your age, the 3 minute safety stop is enough of a tester! :)

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Welcome Jack

Brave of you to work with Richard, Arthur and co...I'm sure that they've explained that anyone from YD gets pick of the parking spots, all YDers get the following services as standard, you will be expected to carry their kit down to the waters edge and of course have a tray loaded with refreshments ready as they emerge.

Hope to meet you tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts