YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am heading out to Jordan in July for about 12 days. I have a really tight schedule and want to spend a day or two in Amman and Petra towards the end. For the first few days I am thinking about heading to Aqaba and staying at the Bedouin Village Garden. Couple of days diving there and then, if I can I would like to try to get across the border to Eliat in Israel and do a couple of days diving there.

Does anyone have any recommendations for this trip? Lot to ask but interested in:

• Recommended dive sites and reputable companies in Aqaba and Eliat.
  • Budget hotels and hostels in both locations.
  • Travel between the two (currently planning on a taxi to the BCP either side).
  • Any other areas worth visiting in Jordan.

I have researched it pretty thoroughly so far, with Lonely Planet guide etc, but always good to get recommendations from people who may have visited recently!

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Not diving related but petra really needs 2 or even 3 full days. Its huge. You can stay in hotels of any budget in the neighbouring Wadi Musa town.
As for diving, not sure Eilat has enough for "a couple of days diving". Eilat is also very expensive compared to Jordan.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Much appreciated. I don't think I previously grasped the size of Petra. May need to add a day there.

I will still prob check Eilat out but my schedule is pretty flexible and I can come back pretty quick if necessary!

·
Wannabe Lotto Jackpot Winner..!
941 Posts
Red Sea Waterworld at Taba Heights can provide all the usual dive sites with egypts borders, if you can ferry over? Red Sea Waterworld Welcome!! to our centres in Taba!!Red Sea Water Sports and Diving, Top class scuba diving and Water Sport holidays in the Red Sea, Taba, Sharm, Egypt Not sure of the details but there were some dive sites we considered doing from Taba, but never got round to doing. IIRCC the King of Jordan is a very keen diver and has had one or two good wreck sunk for divers and to encourage fish life.
As said Petra is a must, but too much to see in a day.

·
115 Posts
I dived with Dive Aqaba - found them a fantastic operator.

In Eilat I've dived with a couple of operators - will try and dig out the details if you can remind me.

Petra, despite what most people say, I did in 1 day from Eilat, and found that plenty, to see the highlights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts