YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I was going to go to Oban with my brother in a couple of weeks but I'm put off by the drive (also, we need a quiet spot to do his dry suit orientation). So, I've decided to give Anglesey a shot. Means we can stop off at Vivian on the way and do his orientation there instead then move onto Anglesey later that afternoon. I have some contacts for Anglesey Divers but wondered if anyone has actually dived there before. We fancy doing a couple of shore dives (weather permitting) and then a couple of wreck dives from a boat. Any ideas?

Regards

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Most popular spot is Treaddur Bay, told it offers some reasonably good shore diving. Gets very busy at weekends arrive early for decent parking. There are quite a few boats go out diving the wrecks from various points on the island,varying depths usuall 25m plus, the back of the Diver mags have lists. A popular dive is the "Missouri" give it a miss it will leave you underwhelmed, not much of it left.The best dive i've had there is Rhoscolyn Head loads of life access by boat only. Loads of campsites most of the divers use the ones around Treaddur Bay.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hi Jay,

We dived Trearddur Bay three weekends ago. Top day out and the weather was the 'nads.

We used Mike's dive shop (Diving Services Anglesey) and services (£5 for all day parking - well reasonable). Can recommend him. He's a mine of local diving info - best sites, wrecks etc.

He can do virtually any mix of Nitrox you might need, and had his compressor/mixing rigs set up for 32, 36 and 40% off the bat. You don't have to wait long either.

With regards to what wrecks you might want to do, I bought a book at his shop on all the local decent dive sites, well worth the investement as it turned out.

Here's his URL and contact details for Mike's shop, Diving Services Anglesey:

http://www.ateal.co.uk/dsa/

Hope this helps and enjoy the day.

Oh, and lastly, for quality nosebag, check out the 'Shanty Bar Cafe' - you won't be disappointed by the food or the waitresses ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts