YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what the diving is like around the Ibiza Belearic Islands area, as there are some ludicrously cheap deals out there for the beginning of October (read twin room (room only) and flights for 180 quid all in for two people.
I have found a website for a diving place out there, but don't know much about the area apart from Ibiza being the nightclub place :embarassed:

·
beware of limitations
3,443 Posts
Just wondered what the diving is like around the Ibiza Belearic Islands area, as there are some ludicrously cheap deals out there for the beginning of October (read twin room (room only) and flights for 180 quid all in for two people.
I have found a website for a diving place out there, but don't know much about the area apart from Ibiza being the nightclub place :embarassed:
I went to Calla Longa in 2005. It's a small, family oriented resort with a dive operation on the beach. Only did one dive as it was a family holiday, but that was fine - to some submerged arches. Chilly when you got below 20M though. There was also a dive operation that looked much busier in St Eulalia (sp?) that ran a RIB or two and looked acceptable to build a dive holiday around.

Apart from the central belt of madness running from Ibiza town across the island, Ibiza is actually quite a laid back place.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I've dived Ibizia in October and November twice. Not bad diving. More in the way of fish life than further east in the med.

Other than the infamous San Antonio the rest of the island is actually very nice. Diving is a mix of some wreck, reef and so on. The Formentera marine reserve area has some good diving and probably the biggest wreck there (a sunken fish farm).

Its a few years old now but i went there and wrote a report of the diving there:
Ibiza 2003 Page 1/5
Went back last October and everything in the above is the same to get an idea of the dive sites and conditions.

·
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information guys.... I've just booked my holiday :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I've just got a self contained apartment, and flights, and a car for the week for the total cost between myself and my non diving sister of £292 pounds!
Wow !! Thats darned cheap between two of us who both drive, which means she can take me to whichever dive centre I use in the morning, collect me at night and have the car to herself all day :teeth:
We're both happy!

Anyone care to join me for some Ibiza warm water diving ? :)

·
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I booked the accomoodation and flights on a "late" deal from flightlines.co.uk and got the car from a place called doyouspain.com

Wanna come ? There is a single person apartment in the same place for about 130 quid all in, and I've already got the car! :D

·
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol - book the both of you on this trip in another cheap room, and we can go off diving whilst the ladies do lady stuff :teeth:

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Sitting in Ibiza airport at the mo. Lovely diving (have a few contacts here now). Get away from the tourist areas and it is a beautiful place.

Water about 27 degrees, air temp about 34 which made drysuit diving interesting. 30 odd meters viz and a reasonable amount of life (including jellyfish - two of my students were stung).

I'd like to come back here for some non-work diving. Given how cheap the flights were it makes sense to consider it.

·
3 boats down from the candy
230 Posts
3mm

I also dived with phoenix a couple of years back, found them a good outfit, it was october and although i can't remember the water temp i only wore a 3mm shorty, regards paul

·
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats good, it sounds like my 5mm wetsuit will be a good call out there, this means that I can get within my 20kg fairly easily :)

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
My club went out there last year, and were so impressed they are going back again this year, there is a brief dive report Here

Reactions: ratcliffe

·
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And tonights really dumb Ibiza question.... are there any mountains or volcanoes on Ibiza like there are in Tenerife ? or can I wander safely all over the island after diving ?

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
It's pretty flat. Not that I remember much after the first night. It was all a bit of a blur.

I do remember trying to organise the airport queue at the gate into a conga. Maybe necking the last few worming pills in the taxi on the way to the airport wasn't such a good idea.

·
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do remember trying to organise the airport queue at the gate into a conga. Maybe necking the last few worming pills in the taxi on the way to the airport wasn't such a good idea.
Bloody Hell Woz, I can just imagine your trip report starting with those words! :redface:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.