YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I don't mind a bit of travel (I'm between Malton and Filey) and I'm a BSAC DL and PADI DM, although my last dive was in November and I've got a chunk of new kit (ergo will be getting back into the swing of things) so may be a bit slow to start with.

My old buddy's emigrating to Canada, so I'm a billy-no-mates now  

Thanks!

Mark.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Don't know if you mean Malton yorkshire, but there's space on Andy's boat in Dover sunday afternoon at the moment. And there might be a space sunday morning if we go out mid-morning, as I won't be able to make it.

PM me if you want a place on the boat.

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thanks for that Digger.

I've sent you a PM seperately, but with 50% new kit I now don't know what my weight is, and will have fun with bouyancy for the first few minutes until I can suss it all out, so I was more thinking if anyone's off to Capernwray or wherever, if I could tag along and they could put up with a small amount of faffing around while I get used to the new kit, then that would be marvellous!

I think jumping straight into a boat dive will mean I'll be uncomfortable and would probably not be fair for the others with me.

I have made it my mission to dive much much more this year (Doing a weekend in Plymouth reminded me how passionate I was about diving) so I may join in on some of the YD diver expeditions (if you folks'll have me of course).  I've been diving for over 14 years, but with my Mrs and I having had our Daughter 3 years ago meant diving went on hold, but not any more!! Twinset here we come!!!

(The only reason I haven't twinned the cylinders now is because they're both full and I'm a tight-arse and don't want to lose the fills, so I'll dive them, drain the tanks, then get the manifold fitted and the bands!)

Mark.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>No worries. I didn't get your PM, might just be a technical glitch. I've had a couple not get to me in the last few days. Probably time for an inbox clearout!

Good on you for doing the right thing and getting it all setup wherever you're comfortable. Let me know if you fancy diving playing with gear, I'm turning into a kit-whore anyway, so there's always new stuff to play with!

And of course we'll have you along for the YD gigs. That's what we're all about! Are you booked onto Anglesey yet? There's a whole lot of people diving there in the summer.

Digs.

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Thanks Digger!

That would be cool. I'm a bit of a kit whore too (probably have about 3 sets of kit in total now) so share and share alike!!

Dosthill?

I notice you're maybe trying for that pool record? Did you know that it was a chap in the Holiday Inn's Pool in Brum (The one near the Mailbox) who did it last time? (Children in Need I think). I remember seeing it on Midlands Today at the time (I am an ex-Brummie y'see).
If you need any help, let me know!

Mark.

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Seems like I'm to remain a Billy no-mates!

I think maybe I'll pop over to wastwater with my Mrs as surface cover and do some weighting checks and drills on my tod!

Mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts