YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this on behalf of my dive buddy who's just moved to Glasgow.

He's new to the area, so I said I'll try and find out who he could speak to about arranging some dive there.

He's Padi AOW with about 40/50 dives.

Be good to hear from individuals, or clubs he could contact.

Thanks in advance, Andy

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
Yep im in Glasgow im a member of

Atlantic Divers - Home

Glasgow based and not affiliated to any specific agency, Ive only been with them a month but they are out every sunday and mid week.

Drop me a pm and i'll give you my mobile number, as previously said congeralley is good too, but is undergoing work at the moment.

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
I am BSAC Kirkintilloch Thistle. Although not exactly in the middle of the city, if your buddy lives north of the river it may well be his/her nearest. It's a good club and he or she would be more than welcome.

Feel free to PM me for details.

Edited to say:
You don't have to worry about AndyB on these forums making you listen to The Jam on the way to the dive, hours of it!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Plenty of Dive tarts around the Glasgow area, Conger alley is a good place to start although its currently down, yoru buddy could try finnstrokes (although its a bit deep and dark without bubbles).

Id offer my services but am heading away for the summer, Cumbernauld Sub Aqua are a Scotsac club with plenty of active divers, Aquatron have regular PADI dive trips although as Gareth has said Atlantic divers are a non affiliated club as well.

Lots of choices but everyone has something in common in the fact that everybody just wants to get wet and dive :)

·
He that is called 'Dundee', from the clan 'Dundee'
1,286 Posts
Eastwood divers

I trained with Eastwood divers on the South side of Glasgow. Good mob with access to a pool for training every friday. As said before, most of them are on conger ally, in fact Gordon who runs the website is an Eastwood diver.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts