YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, bit of a long shot, but has anyone got a VR3 with 4th cell activated that I can try? The unit's all set up now to use it, but my VR3 isn't upgraded. I know where I can get it done and how much, but it seems like a lot of money and I don't know if I'm going to like it.

So, the question is, does anyone have a VR3 with 4th cell activated that I can try for a dive? Or even better to borrow for a couple of dives to see how it works and whether I like it?

If there's any retailers who sell upgrade codes then you could make yourself a sale here if you can help, please get in touch. Wil lbe making purchase on the 26th methinks, payday :)

If anyone's got some decent screenshots with the 4th cell running that would be handy. I like how the VR3 is now and I've kind of got used to things, and want to know what's going to be different.

Thanks in advance.

Digs.

·
The man who makes nice "SHINY" things
1,706 Posts
Digs

If you contacted Delta P direct they will up grade it for you

John

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Digs
I am at Ndac next week from Friday to Monday for a Trimix course ,you are wellcome to borrow mine as I have to run slate & timer for the course .Realise it's not the ideal place for you .
HTH

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Digs
At Ndac next Friday,sat,sun & monday you can borrow mine if you want ,I'm on a trimix course so have to run slate & timer
HTH

edit just checking with chasey that it is activated

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colin, next weekend is a bit of a mess for me. Got to go oop north to go running.

Maybe I'll just go for it and find out. It's not all that expensive. Can I turn it off if it's bloody annoying? I presume by entering the old pin I can downgrade the unit again?

Digs.

·
Registered
175 Posts
On and Off

You can turn the pin port on and off by turning the 'Xfer' function on or off in the config screen.

short left press gives Vdo i think
then long left press gives you the menu.
Then just turn xfer on or off.

This function is primarily to protect the port when not in use.

Can you tell that I've got a shiney new one and I've been reading the manual too much :teeth:

Regards
Stewybear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.