YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

After the Cape Verde Success 2 weeks ago, she who must be obeyed is on the holiday shop again!! we are looking at Fuertaventura in November and Abyss Diving looks quite good but wondered if anyone knew anything of them. Or know of a good centre on the north of the island!!

All comments welcome as you can tell from my site I do like to take a few pics (not always good ones) so anyhelp appriciated

Mark

·
Scallop serial killer
1,311 Posts
don't know anything about them - but i've dived with dive centre corralejo, and they are by far the best outfit at the north end of the island. dead friendly, great boat, brilliant facilities at the centre, a free beer thrown in after the days diving, and reasonably priced. I wouldn't dive with anyone else but them. They were fantastic - and fuertaventura is probably some of the nicest diving i've done abroad. November time will be good, that's when I went, and there were Angel sharks everywhere. Oh, the dive times are good too, usually one really early, and one mid morningish - they do it that way so you don't fall out too much with your other (non diving) half.

Their website is:

Dive Center Corralejo

Hi all

After the Cape Verde Success 2 weeks ago, she who must be obeyed is on the holiday shop again!! we are looking at Fuertaventura in November and Abyss Diving looks quite good but wondered if anyone knew anything of them. Or know of a good centre on the north of the island!!

All comments welcome as you can tell from my site I do like to take a few pics (not always good ones) so anyhelp appriciated

Mark

·
His Holeyness
2,198 Posts
Try Deep Blue Diving at Caleta De Fuste. Very nice, friendly people.

They'll even do you a night dive from the RIB if you ask ( and there's enough interest ).

The resort is not too bad either. Lots of them there 'Ground squirrels' roaming about too.

ColinM

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
I used Abyss a few years ago when I did my OW.Run by an American/Norwegian ex Navy guy called Patrick.
At the time the only dives I did were at an artificial site just south of Corralejo.
Returned a couple of years later and went back to see them again, finishing off my AOW at the same time doing different sites further south.I believe they had bought a RHIB as we were due to go out to Lanzarote on one particular day but a thunderstorm blew in and wrecked the diving for the rest of the week.
Check the members on here, I m sure Patrick used to post, but a word of warning, last time I was there he was telling me that he was selling the dive centre to concentrate on kitesurfing.
As others have said Dive Centre Corralejo are a professional outfit right on the harbour and very good too.
HTH
Lee
ps make sure you get on the dives just off Lobos , they re brilliant

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advise, will certainly look out for dives off Lobos, have looked up Corralejo just waiting for some prices back off them as they don't have any on the site

Mark

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I used Abyss a few years ago when I did my OW.Run by an American/Norwegian ex Navy guy called Patrick.
At the time the only dives I did were at an artificial site just south of Corralejo.
Returned a couple of years later and went back to see them again, finishing off my AOW at the same time doing different sites further south.I believe they had bought a RHIB as we were due to go out to Lanzarote on one particular day but a thunderstorm blew in and wrecked the diving for the rest of the week.
Check the members on here, I m sure Patrick used to post, but a word of warning, last time I was there he was telling me that he was selling the dive centre to concentrate on kitesurfing.
As others have said Dive Centre Corralejo are a professional outfit right on the harbour and very good too.
HTH

Patrick is a good friend of mine, he doesn't own abyss anymore. An irish guy does now, can't think of his name though. you will be ok with dive centre corra, but the outfit run by the spanish bloke is the best thought of by the local dive guides, i can't think of the name offhand but it will come to me.
Another vote as well for deep blue in calleta.
If you need any info about fuerte, corra etc pm me. Lost count of the ammount of times i've been

1 - 10 of 10 Posts