YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I need to get a dive this weekend or else cold turkey will set in. Is anyone doing Cape/Eccy/Wales - I need a buddy !!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Kirky,

Get yerself up to Abbs with us mate, theres hard boat and shore diving a plenty, its all organised just turn up, you don't even need a tent cos we're bringing a spare one.

Lemme know if your interested and I'll send you the info

Dave. :thumb:

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Please send details !!! - Cant commit right now but might be able to make it - by the way (and I know this sounds daft) but where abouts is St Abbs

(Edited by kirky at 6:08 pm on May 29, 2002)

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Ok - St Abbs is just over the border into Scotland on the East side. Basically - up the A1 as far as it goes, over the border and turn right 5 miles or so down the road. Click HERE for a map.

Basically, its one of the BEST sea dives sites in the UK - do not miss this one if you can otherwise make it!!

I've sent you a private message with my mobile number on it - I don't know if it will actually work in St Abbs but worth a go anyway. We are all camping in Scoutscroft camp and caravan site (you'll see signs as you near the village).

Choice of shore dives or short boat trips into the bay. Most dives are in the 15-20m range with tons of sealife, kelp, dead mens fingers etc. May dive a wreck at 30m (Glanmire) but this is optional.

Any more questions, please post them.

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Jeeeeez - thats about a 6 hour ride for me. At this point I dont think I can make it. I`ll get back 2 U later this week

Cheers

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Fair comment - maybe do it in 5. Will phone for more details
cheers

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Jason - need some info and your phone is on answering machine. Anyway, what days are you planning to dive St Abbs, Can I get air fills there, whats the general vis status for the area, are many of you doing shore dives ??

If I can make it I will have a 2 man tent available.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Kirky

We're all arriving Friday but people can turn up anytime really, I have a mate turning up on Sunday for example, but most of us are making a weekend of it so we're getting there Friday night, meeting up, getting pitched, getting pissed and hopefully be getting up for the boat on Saturday morning without too much of a headache....  Altho I doubt it  :biggrin:

We're staying at the Scoutscroft Holiday & Dive Centre, which has everything we could need including toilets/showers, dive shop and more importantly... a bar!!!

It's a long haul up mate, but I think it'll be worth it, there is some class diving around Abbs which is why its a magnet for divers.. hope to see you there

BTW, If you want anymore info and still can't get in touch with Jay then just gimme a call on 01642 872302 or 0771 4034666

Dave :thumb:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Kirky

Just did a search and found this page.... might help a bit..
St Abbs info
See that Wolf fish?? well I've been up that close to the one that lives in Big Green Carr, watched it open its jaws and snaffle an urchin that was placed in front of it.... awesome!... I'll be going back to his lair this weekend hopefully, i'm gonna handfeed the mutha :biggrin:

(Edited by Dave Williamson at 9:46 pm on May 29, 2002)

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Thats done it - the info has helped sway me, I`ll probably join the gig. Will bring the camera and plenty of film - plan to get there about midnight Friday (assuming I dont get lost)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey John (Kirky),

Hope you managed to meet up with the Dive Tribe and that you all have an outstanding long weekend!!

You Jammy, Jammy Bar Stewards ;)

Come home safe all,

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

Hi Bren - didn`t make St Abbs in the end. I only had a day to spare and the journey put me off for just 2 dives. Will be going in Sept for a weekend with Mrs K.

I ended up at Capernwray with a DM candidate getting his dives in. Took the camera so will post if any turn out. Have to say that the `Cape Team` have done a great job of the new buildings. Is the U-Boat trip still on for July ??

I`m trying to get out next weekend, maybe Trefor Pier, or a couple of shore dives at Treardur/Port Dafarch. I`ll post details, if you fancy a couple of dives let me know.
Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts