YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I like my login so much I put my name on it...
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loved the first one, thought it was a good take on the whole zombie genre.

Anyone seen the new one? I'm off to see it tomorrow and can't wait :redface:

Lloyd

PS Anyone down Portland on Sunday? Am out with Smudge on Scimitar :D

·
Apprentice houseplant
988 Posts
Not impressed with it, sorry.

I won't say too much and spoil your fun, but for me it was far far worse than the first one :(

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd have to disagree - I really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Have to say that after being less than impressed with the first one I can't imagine why i'd want to waste another two hours of my life in a darkened room watching that complete drivel whilst dodging the flying popcorn :D

·
Silent Knight
1,849 Posts
I liked the first one until they were in that Manor House and then it turned to crap.

Saw 28 weeks later a few days back and didn't think much of it to be honest. Pretty predictable, wish I hadn't bothered :(

Graham

·
Usually Wrong
204 Posts
There's another one? The one I know of came out a few years back - quite liked it but agree that the part at the manor house got a bit silly at times.

Is this a remake already or a sequel? Or is the 'new one' the one I saw and there's an original out there?

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
thought it was a good take on the whole zombie genre.
sorry to be a pedant but the good Dr Kermode pointed out at length that these are NOT Zombie movies because the people aren't actually dead. In order tobe a Zombie you do need to be technically dead.

I havent seen the second movie but the first one was great even though I don't like scary films.

·
Team Erectus Domini Co-Founder
256 Posts
Seen It!

Saw this last sunday, whilst I didnt think too much of the first (like you said it went downhill in the mansion), I reaslly enjoyed the second film, it really seems to step it up a notch and makes the first film look tame.

If you like the remake of Dawn of the dead, you will probably like this, its one of the most violent films ive ever seen - brilliant :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts