YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anybody out there got this problem i have that can help.
when i reinstall the software or get a new quantum sent by apeks i cannot download old data (dive log's) to newly down loaded software. I get a #
message saying cannot down load old files . Any ideas please
There is a link to download software but link goes know ware
thankyou for your help in advance

·
So much more than a child's play thing!
2,725 Posts
I recently downloaded and installed a new version of the dive log software from the Apeks site and it has worked perfectly. I did make a back up of my old data just in case :)

How many Quantums have you had? Mine has done about 90 dives now and has not had a problem. I suppose that's just given it the kiss of death though.

Gareth

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently downloaded and installed a new version of the dive log software from the Apeks site and it has worked perfectly. I did make a back up of my old data just in case :)

How many Quantums have you had? Mine has done about 90 dives now and has not had a problem. I suppose that's just given it the kiss of death though.

Gareth

I have had i think 6 but not changed one for i think 6 months now.
When you downloaded new version of software did you loss your old dives downloaded onto computer

·
2,725 Posts
It's some time ago but I don't recall losing any data. As I said, I did make a back up just in case I did lose anything.

Gareth

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when you make a backup . Then you load your new software it searches the computer and removes all backup folders. Then i burnned to a cd then tried to copy across the file but you cannot because it says its a old file ill get back on the phone to them i think

·
2,725 Posts
Having had a look at my files reminded me that I made a back up by using "save as" to create a file "backup.lgb". Lgb is the file extension that Apeks use for their data files. I then copied this to another drive to keep it safe. As it happens there was also a copy in the Apeks folder and I just used file>open to open both the back-up and original data folders. I am using V4.02 of the Apeks software.

Gareth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.