YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully an easy enough question,
While changing the side of my apeks xtx40, I removed the lever on the valve assembly, however when replacing it, it just sits there, not springing back to position, I tried taking it out and in again a few times, making sure the legs weren't bent, but it still won't spring, is this an easy fix, or have I broken something inside?

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
you probably have the lever sitting above the shuttle so when pressed its not oppening the valve you need to take the middle part out of the reg again the chrome barrel screw the end cap in a little bit take the pin out all the way then unscrew the black plug you sould get a creme bit with a spring and black it attatched now put the lever back on then put the shuttle body back in the correct way arround tighten the black thing back up and adjust to how where it was before manuals can be found on frogkick.dk i believe

link if you arent confident doing this take it and get it done properly by a service tech don't force anything

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
Did you turn the shuttle round? Is it in upside down? If you can't answer these questions bite the bullet and take it to someone who can...

Where are you based?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, All fixed, I didn't think to dismantle all the middle, thought it would just slot in,
Thank You,

·
Registered
505 Posts
Make sure you adjust the spindle collar correctly. If you don't it will still appear to work but the Venturi performance will be impaired and the flow volume will not be correct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems to be in the correct place, and it clicked in, is there another step/pitfall I've missed?

·
Registered
505 Posts
the hole in the spindle collar should now be facing the mouthpiece if fitted correctly. It will click into place in 2 positions, 1 is correct the other is completely 180degrees incorrect !

When you change the hose over, the gas needs to exit the spindle towards the mouthpiece. The spindle collar blanks off one of the 2 holes on spindle next to the shuttle. If you can look in via the mouth piece you should see the spindle collar hole and maybe the shuttle spring - that means its correct. (No liability accepted on the statement !).

If your spindle collar has an arrow printed on it then it should point towards the lever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts