YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i wanted to oreder some service kits fromRevision & Zubehör - DiveSupport GmbH and it came to like 100+ euros they are the cheapest i can find them anywhere and was wondering if anyone else wants to add to the order and split the postage between us all (all in euros)
apeks pin spanner is 7.95
1st stage kit is 22.40
2nd stage is 11.90
will send them out to you as soon as them come to mine any takers? can either do it on here or through ebay up to you.

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
The pin spanner I got (not from them) had too short a pin and slipped.
A normal one worked better, you just need some tape at the handle end of the 'c' to protect the reg.

hth
P

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think these Are the proper apeks tool not 100% though will check and i have spent ages looking for one i can only find them with square pins and the diving ones are a lot usually about 15-20 where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Ok i wanted to oreder some service kits fromRevision & Zubehör - DiveSupport GmbH and it came to like 100+ euros they are the cheapest i can find them anywhere and was wondering if anyone else wants to add to the order and split the postage between us all (all in euros)
apeks pin spanner is 7.95
1st stage kit is 22.40
2nd stage is 11.90
will send them out to you as soon as them come to mine any takers? can either do it on here or through ebay up to you.
The pin-spanner (c-spanner) can be bought from here: 40-42 C. Spanner / Hook Spanner with Pin | Hook Wrenches & Pry Bars | Mechanics & Automotive Tools | Hand Tools |

I have one, but if you have a DST (or similar) order 2.

You can get 1st stage kits from APD (as far as I know they sell these to anyone). 2nd stage I don't know about.

Matt.

PS The picture I used for finding the c-spanner back in 2003 is still on Nigel's site:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh thanks for the link thats the cheapest i have seen them for and it looks like it has a circular pin i have a dst but before when i opened it a firm tap usually loosens the top cap enough so that you don't need 2 spanners thats if their looked after and not stuck together :D this is back when i did my divemaster and had access to a pin spanner

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Ahh thanks for the link thats the cheapest i have seen them for and it looks like it has a circular pin i have a dst but before when i opened it a firm tap usually loosens the top cap enough so that you don't need 2 spanners thats if their looked after and not stuck together :D this is back when i did my divemaster and had access to a pin spanner
You can normally separate them by bashing the bottom one on with a hammer, but 2 is a luxury :)

Matt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts