YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard too many horror stories about bad reg servicing. Can anyone recomend a good place to have my Apeks regs serviced

·
Banned
402 Posts
Send it to apeks, if there is anyone that has all the gear and the clean rooms etc to do the job it must be these people. Not some half arsed pratt in a LDS, who will take the same money as apeks and do a dodgy job.(speaking about my local dive store here there probably not all half arsed pratts. Just the thought of my local dive shop servicing my reg (badly) and then taking my money, fills me with rage )

OR

Do it yourself if you can get a service kit abroad from germany, where they are publically available. This is what I now do, as reg servicing is not the art a dive shop will have you believe!

·
Là á Bhlàir's math na Càirdean
884 Posts
You don't actually say where you reside in your post. I take my regs to Kent Diving and have always had a great service. I suppose as Bob has said in the previous post you presumably can't go wrong sending them to the original manufacturer, however the only issu I would have is, if the regs come back from your LDS and are not to your satisfaction then you can always storm the building:teeth: if they come back from Apeks and you are not happy themn you have all the hassel of posting them off again. just my opinion of course

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
My regs go to my LDS which is Midland Diving in Leicester, I have a pair of Apeks TX50's and MDE do a good job on them.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Personally if you are not servicing them yourself, which tends not to recommended. I have sent them to apeks as I has a second stage that was behaving a bit funny, sent it off to them and they did a full service and tested it on the machine at 30m and then at 51m. Funny thing was it came up with a lower resistance of breathing than the newer xtx reg in the diver magasine!

This was all done free of charge, you can't get better service than that can you!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Ive sent mine to Apeks. Very fast turnaround (less than 48hrs). Cost more admittedly but came back perfect.

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Another vote for Apeks.
I can do them myself but I'm only as good as the guy at the LDS and I want better.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I send mine to Apeks. Due to the rip-off prices for servicing round Glasgow they are actually very competitively priced (for me) and the turnaround time is excellent.

Unless you have a really good (and cheap) service tech at a nearby LDS its got to be Apeks factory servicing.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Apeks Marine Equipment
Neptune Way, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 2BT

I normally mark mine FAO Servicing Department. Landon Helsby was the man in charge last time I had mine done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts