YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Guys/Girls,

Anybody out there use the Apex button SPG!, thinking of doing away with my hose and getting a button SPG for my pony but remember reading on some thread that they had a habit of failing!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Yep got one on my pony,  never had one fail yet...

BUT....

Apparently they are quite prone to failure on 300 bar cylinders.  I only use mine on a 232bar pony.

Daz

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Was wondering about one of these myself, look ok but can be prone to getting scratched.  Gets rid of the hoses though

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

They DO fail on a 300 bar cylinder. I blew 3!!! Apeks replaced them each time and insisted that they should withstand 300 bar pressure but they don't. However cautiously I opened the valve, they always blew, not always the first time but always within the first 4 or 5 times. You can get a neat spg (Beaver) on a 6" hose from Divers warehouse for not much more than a button spg costs, by the way.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

I have one on one of my stage tanks. Its OK for telling you, you have a fill bit I wouldn’t be looking for accurate gas pressures from it I use a normal gauge for accurate pressure tests and then use the button to tell me its still full. I like them because they get rid of a hose and my 232 bar one hasn’t had a problem and I have had it about 18month  (180) apx dives.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Imported post

All my stage and argon cylinders are fitted with them. Some are up to 3-4 years old now and never had one fail. Only used of 232 bar tanks though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts