YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as it says .. oweners list ..

Im reading on the interweb that the Apocalypse o2 units are flooding it to the world ,, ;)
so maybe be its time for a list of apoc divers , :D

Name,s

·
Registered
124 Posts
Suggestion...

Here is my two cents...

I can see a benefit for the Owners to have a list so that they can share info...

I see little value for this being made public since it will simply be another tool for those that want to stir the pot all of the time..
Yes and yes. Solicit PM's from those who have units in their possession. Collect emails, move to an informal email list/exchange. If it gets big enough/busy enough we can move it to a server.

OSEL should have done this and only allowed those who have units, just to reduce the noise and get to the diving.

·
Registered
130 Posts
What about all the fellow EAs and NEAs whom have stayed in there, but have neither the funds nor the pre training to take the alternative product and after all remain true to the original product order? Miss the second or the third dive season? Stir the pot? What about some original iCCR product from OSEL? What about some meaningful indication of iCCR product shipping from OSEL? Well someday................but whatever you do don't complain, make positive suggestions or, or, or....

·
Registered
38 Posts
As an owner I am diving my unit and sharing the details primarly with other owners off list... Reading posts from those that simply want to bitch is boring...

·
You think I know nothing....and I do!!
562 Posts
What about all the fellow EAs and NEAs whom have stayed in there, but have neither the funds nor the pre training to take the alternative product and after all remain true to the original product order? Miss the second or the third dive season? Stir the pot? What about some original iCCR product from OSEL? What about some meaningful indication of iCCR product shipping from OSEL? Well someday................but whatever you do don't complain, make positive suggestions or, or, or....
I dont think any of us 'Early Adopters' who origonally ordered the iCCR are under the impression that our O2 units are anything other than a short term compromise. I am certainly not.
OSEL have demonstrated with the O2 units that when the ducks are correctly alligned and all things are directly in their control as a company they function well and the product is excellent.
However, in the case of the iCCR clearly there are some component issue's and things are not entirely in their control.
They have made this pretty clear.
They have achieved CE, shipped a fair amount of product and as I understand it priority has now moved 100% to dealing with the issue's of the iCCR.
There now is no reason to disbelieve them.

The iCCR is coming Gordon, I feel your pain.

There is nothing we can do to speed up this agonising process......why not come to Wiltshire and have a play/dive with mine....it might make you feel better mate!!

PPO2 full monitoriing should be in place in a matter of days.

xx

·
Registered
124 Posts
What you are pointing out is a dilemma that can't be avoided. Those of us with units, either preparing them for diving or diving them, are past the complaint stage and just want to discuss immediate issues. I just went through a slob knob issue. I received a great deal of help and purchased one at a significant cost savings from a fellow diver over on RBW. We can argue and discuss the fact that the valve OSEL sent me for my internal tank is not the "right one", that I should not have to install a slob knob, that a slob knob is not a safe solution, etc., etc., etc.--again, I am past all that. I want discussion related to getting me into the water and I want to hear how others are doing same. I do not want to be exclusionary, but at some point we have to break away to get the job done.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Of course this is correct - and I must apologise for hijacking the ownership theme of the thread albeit that I think Gobfish had a similar sentiment to my own with all of this when he started it.

I'll just hop over to the other thread.......or start another .....

In the meantime if anyone knows anything (whatsoever) about the dates regarding the iCCR and/or the VIPR and pre VIPR solutions/prices, that OSEL appear to be being "selective" about which customers they inform about /ship to, please let me know.

Ding Ding
(iCCR order + £1400 deposit + c540 days late after non caveated quoted shipping date + absolutely no OSEL customer support information on prospect of shipping)
this posting verified bonafide NEA customer query 100% bitch free

·
Registered
134 Posts
albeit that I think Gobfish had a similar sentiment to my own with all of this when he started it.
The interesting bit being with his prior postings about the Apoc or anything to do with it and lack of apparently ordering one himself why Gobfish started the thread in the first place!

Regards
Brad

·
Registered
124 Posts
The interesting bit being with his prior postings about the Apoc or anything to do with it and lack of apparently ordering one himself why Gobfish started the thread in the first place!

Regards
Brad
If you "read into" his post, it seems that it wasn't so much to start an owners only list, but to reveal a list of owners--presumably so that he might mock them? In any event, the best approach just now is for owners to communicate via private messaging. Bye.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Regards
Brad
If you "read into" his post, it seems that it wasn't so much to start an owners only list, but to reveal a list of owners--presumably so that he might mock them? In any event, the best approach just now is for owners to communicate via private messaging. Bye.

·
You think I know nothing....and I do!!
562 Posts
reveal a list of owners--presumably so that he might mock them? In any event, the best approach just now is for owners to communicate via private messaging. Bye.
Sorry H, I dont agree.

The whole point about this forum is to allow like minded individuals to share information....

I prefer YD to RBA becouse it is more tolerant and allows a fairly light hearted approach.

Whilst Gobbers 'style' is not to everyone 's taste, it does have a certain level of wisdom and insight.....and in the majority of cases it's actually true.

I believe its fair to say that there are 'issue's' with with certain 'personalities' regarding the unit on both 'sides' but notice that the warring factions appear to have withdrawn to their own corners now actual units are shipping.....

As an Apoc owner, albiet at the moment a modified unit not an iCCR I dont want to be 'elitist' and hide away, I am fairly happy to 'man the cluck up' and take any incoming that anyone cares to throw at me.

It does seem odd that OSEL have still not elected to make live their own forum on the units yet, I have seen this forum and its pretty good, and its for owners only.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Apoc -a- Horribilis

I'm off to Sharm for a holiday

Where one normally looks forward to a holiday as a relief from the rigours of work, I have to say that this and the previous year has been, courtesy of the Alex/OSEL/DL Apocalypse debacle, as the queen famously commented, an "Annus horribilis ".

I am now actually looking forward to diving OC and getting to dive some of the other rebreather units (which I last dived more than 2 years ago) to remind me that there really is a world away from the mythical Apocalypse.

It was supposed to be "Annus mirabilis " but so far Alex/OSEL/DL - Nil Poins

Lets hope the iCCR and VIPR are still in production and shipping in 2012, or at least OSEL can properly inform their customers of what is going on, but as all the best diving manuals state "don't hold your breath".

Ding Ding

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am fairly happy to 'man the cluck up' ...
Although I have left the discussion, I had to return briefly to ask what the above means. In Tejas we have a phrase "cowboy up", which is similar to "man up", which just means to grit your teeth and bear it in the warrior way, but the above construct is foreign to me. Does it involve fowl?

·
run me a fooking fault tree on dat ,,
1,181 Posts
Although I have left the discussion, I had to return briefly to ask what the above means. In Tejas we have a phrase "cowboy up", which is similar to "man up", which just means to grit your teeth and bear it in the warrior way, but the above construct is foreign to me. Does it involve fowl?

Replace cl with f

1 - 20 of 52 Posts