YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I was under the impression that all early adopters would be getting waterproof manuals, but OSEL just informed me that its only of early adopters who ordered full iCCRs, not for early adopters who ordered O2 CCRs.

Not a huge big deal, but a bit of a bummer.

If I had known I would have had my a manual printed sooner ...

rgds
monty

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
So, so far you have had - no adaptors, no waterproof manuals, and the shell is wrong.

QC must rock up at that place:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, so far you have had - no adaptors, no waterproof manuals, and the shell is wrong.

QC must rock up at that place:)
Sean

I did not order fill adaptors, so it can hardly be ascribed to a lack of QC on OSEL's part.

The manual I am miffed about, and they could have told me about the shell colour change upfront.

If the "keyholder" at RBW didn't delete all Apoc posts on the forum I could have maybe gone back and see what was promised on the manual, but oh well ...

rgds
monty

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Sean

I did not order fill adaptors, so it can hardly be ascribed to a lack of QC on OSEL's part.

The manual I am miffed about, and they could have told me about the shell colour change upfront.

If the "keyholder" at RBW didn't delete all Apoc posts on the forum I could have maybe gone back and see what was promised on the manual, but oh well ...

rgds
monty
The manual can you not just buy one off them ,,

as for them m26 things ,, adw should be sending them out with the units ,, for free ,,

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I Belive their Hidden, Not deleted;)

·
Diving is expensive, live with it!
1,215 Posts
I Belive their Hidden, Not deleted;)
Given Curt's requirements for unlocking them, they may as well have been shouted into the wind.

I wish Curt would realise that he's helping AD by this and hurting his members who have lost access to useful/important information.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Given Curt's requirements for unlocking them, they may as well have been shouted into the wind.

I wish Curt would realise that he's helping AD by this and hurting his members who have lost access to useful/important information.
It will be Purgatory when Curt opens them tho ,, fooking Groundhog Day all over again ,,

Fair Play to Curt , stuck by his guns, even if it lost him some Traffic, id rather support him than all the Sniveling little shit,s
that will creep out of the wood work and work with the apox ,, cos they think there maybe a few quid in it for them ,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you really want a waterproof manual? I am personally happy to save trees etc and just keep the latest version on my iPad... What I would see of value would be some laminated checklists etc..

·
Bashing head against brick wall
2,105 Posts
I don't think anyone really wants a waterproof manual but that is what AD promised all EAs. Just another one of those broken promises. I recall Curt pointing out that a waterproof manual on a short run print would cost more than the unit itself and AD said that his customers were worth it. It appears you weren't!! :teeth:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't think anyone really wants a waterproof manual but that is what AD promised all EAs. Just another one of those broken promises. I recall Curt pointing out that a waterproof manual on a short run print would cost more than the unit itself and AD said that his customers were worth it. It appears you weren't!! :teeth:
You quoted incorrectly.
Curt should get printing in Asia. Costs a lot less. ;-)

The reason the printed manual is not shipped with the O2/OEM units, is because almost everyone who buys that unit uses it as the basis for their own rebreather (i.e. OEM). Hence, a printed manual would not be applicable.

For the same reason, the CE approved user manual and an improved user manual that was submitted for CE audit, is provided on the CD with the O2/OEM model, so it can be submitted by any larger OEM as a reference in their type approval package with any edits they need to do relating to their PPO2 monitors etc. The manuals are deliberately editable by OEMs using Preview to put in or take out pages, sections etc.

The iCCR customer is expected to use the rebreather as is, a hardbound manual is provided.

Alex

·
Bashing head against brick wall
2,105 Posts
Can I just point out that someone using the APOC as the basis of their own rebreather does not make it OEM!! Original Equipment Manufacturer: manufactures products or components that are purchased by a company and retailed under that purchasing company's brand name. OEM refers to the company that originally manufactured the product. When referring to automotive parts, OEM designates a replacement part made by the manufacturer of the original part.

So they are just doing a DIY bodge to get the unit to go deeper than 6m using a gas other than pure O2. Your misuse of terminology to suit your own purposes is as frustrating as your EAs are finding the wait for the goods they've paid for.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can I just point out that someone using the APOC as the basis of their own rebreather does not make it OEM!! Original Equipment Manufacturer: manufactures products or components that are purchased by a company and retailed under that purchasing company's brand name. OEM refers to the company that originally manufactured the product. When referring to automotive parts, OEM designates a replacement part made by the manufacturer of the original part.
You may want to use a dictionary:

OEM abbreviation for
(Electronics & Computer Science / Computer Science) original equipment manufacturer: a computer company whose products are made by customizing basic parts supplied by others
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

or

World English Dictionary
OEM
— abbreviation for
original equipment manufacturer: a computer company whose products are made by customizing basic parts supplied by others
original equipment manufacturer 
–noun
a firm that purchases complex equipment, as computers, from manufacturers and modifies or combines different components for resale.
a firm that manufactures components or parts included in the finished product made by another. Abbreviation: OEM
Dictionary.com Unabridged

or

O.E.M.
Stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer." This refers to a company that produces hardware to be marketed under another company's brand name. You can also use the term as a verb, such as, "That Dell monitor over there is OEM'd by Sony." http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=O.E.M.

The O2/OEM model addresses the problem of divers wanting their custom rebreather, by providing an entire breathing loop that is CE approved and tested (to 100m when used with the approved PPO2 control). Adding a suitable PPO2 monitor (which incorporates a computer in most cases), gives the OEM the product they want without the cost of developing the whole loop, along with the test and certification documents - it needs only their PPO2 control test data meeting EN 14143:2003 to form the basis of a variation certification application for their product. OEM is the appropriate label for this.

Alex

Alex

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
This OEM product is the same as the O2-CCR below, but is additionally supplied with open elbows to support the OEM's own oxygen monitors and controllers. This model provides the very high performance breathing loop of the Apocalypse, with an BOV and passive oxygen injection, as a basis for third party designed rebreathers. The OEM buyer must add suitable PPO2 monitoring and control electronics onto the open port, and obtain the Functional Safety, PPO2 Monitoring Accuracy and PPO2 Control, and Article 11B reports to complete their own CE Technical File, to certify their product through a PPE Notified Body. Full data to support the OEM's CE approval processes is available to buyers who certify their products, including CE Technical Files and supporting documents.

OSEL will provide support for this product subject to the breathing loop not being modified. The OEM is responsible for meeting the PPO2 control and PPO2 accuracy requirements in EN 14143 for the complete rebreather, and for providing their training and maintenance - this is supported on this product on a data and replacement part basis only.

This is an OEM product. There is a Minimum Order Quantity of 10. Price shown is per rebreather.

·
Registered
200 Posts
O.E.M.
Stands for "Original Equipment Manufacturer." This refers to a company that produces hardware to be marketed under another company's brand name. You can also use the term as a verb, such as, "That Dell monitor over there is OEM'd by Sony." http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=O.E.M.

Alex
correct!

so SONY is the OEM, Dell is the end-assembler/retailer

or OSEL/Deeplife is the OEM, the enduser takes the job of assembler/retailer

·
Registered
283 Posts
correct!

so SONY is the OEM, Dell is the end-assembler/retailer

or OSEL/Deeplife is the OEM, the enduser takes the job of assembler/retailer
You miss the definition.

Both the component supplier, and the company/person that customises the loop, is an OEM. I repeat:

World English Dictionary
OEM
— abbreviation for
original equipment manufacturer: a computer company whose products are made by customizing basic parts supplied by others
–noun
a firm that purchases complex equipment, as computers, from manufacturers and modifies or combines different components for resale.
a firm that manufactures components or parts included in the finished product made by another. Abbreviation: OEM
Dictionary.com Unabridged http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/original+equipment+manufacturer

That is why it is called the OEM model, and we can refer to the OEM Buyer, and the Apoc OEM with a third party PPO2 monitor will refer to the OEM as being the company / person that adds the monitor. OSEL are the OEM for the loop, the OEM buyer becomes the OEM for the rebreather with PPO2 monitor.

Alex

NB: Interesting to see 3 people involved with the rEvo needing to post here. Glad that one of those can now can compare it with the Apoc.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
You miss the definition.

Both the component supplier, and the company/person that customises the loop, is an OEM. I repeat:

World English Dictionary
OEM
— abbreviation for
–noun
Dictionary.com Unabridged Original equipment manufacturer | Define Original equipment manufacturer at Dictionary.com

That is why it is called the OEM model, and we can refer to the OEM Buyer, and the Apoc OEM with a third party PPO2 monitor will refer to the OEM as being the company / person that adds the monitor. OSEL are the OEM for the loop, the OEM buyer becomes the OEM for the rebreather with PPO2 monitor.

Alex

NB: Interesting to see 3 people involved with the rEvo needing to post here. Glad that one of those can now can compare it with the Apoc.
its only intresting for you ,, the rest of us dont give a toss,

ps , what,s the wait time on gettng ten units ,, lol ,, would it be faster than getting just the one unit ,,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts