YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"That's NOT my avatar! It's film of me AFTER I was
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>Currently I dive with a 12l cylinder with a 3l pony backup. Last year I did some 35m dives with a 15l cylinder which I found had the right amount of gas I needed for that depth. I've got a few dives this year in the 35-45m range and I'm thinking of twinning up. I've looked around and that there's a but of price difference between MDE twin 10s @ £355 and Aqua @ £239. Question is why the difference and would Aqua valves be OK?

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>£239? For twin 10s? Must have that wrong. That's trade price. £339 maybe.

THere's nothing wrong with Aqua Valves. They do the job, and they're ok, but I don't think they're balanced, which means they're harder to turn when full. I use unbalanced valves without a problem, but others prefer balanced for shutdown drills.

Other thing to look at is the bands you're getting. Make sure hey're good, wide bands, and they are the right size for the manifold and tanks. The wrong bands will stress the manifold if you're not careful, and you want the bands to be something you don't even have to think about.

There will be some guys along that use these manifolds regularly hopefully, might be of more use.

Digs.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Imported post

hi

that price is the one Go Dive has on there website, just got a set off ebay for £210 o2 clean with bands pick them up later hopfully.

regards chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts