YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to get the right-sized o-ring for an inflator hose fiiting?

I've just spent an hour and a half trying to get what I thought was a 'good-enough' replacement to go in and figured I needed something to stop it going down as far as the shraeder valve.

So I thought that I could poke the old o-ring in and then hook it out after, however if fitted right in, so I guess that the 'almost good enough' o-ring that I have is a 'not good enough' one.

r
P

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
Can anyone tell me where to get the right-sized o-ring for an inflator hose fiiting?

I've just spent an hour and a half trying to get what I thought was a 'good-enough' replacement to go in and figured I needed something to stop it going down as far as the shraeder valve.

So I thought that I could poke the old o-ring in and then hook it out after, however if fitted right in, so I guess that the 'almost good enough' o-ring that I have is a 'not good enough' one.

r
P
Have you tidied that kitchen table yet? And hung the washing out? Never mind o-rings, get on with your chores!

Reactions: Finless

·
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tidied that kitchen table yet?
No.
Kirstie said:
And hung the washing out?
Yes
Kirstie said:
Never mind o-rings, get on with your chores!
Ok, fine,I'll do the table and dive with bubbly kit and kill myself, at least you'll have somewher to put me for the wake. :)

·
16,005 Posts
No.

Yes

Ok, fine,I'll do the table and dive with bubbly kit and kill myself, at least you'll have somewher to put me for the wake. :)
ooh, get her!

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Are inflator O rings a standard size?

I would have thought that ..................... or would I ..................... well they may be .................... tricky ..................... I'd phone up a vendor of your equipment and ask them????

:)

·
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bagsy the Shearwater, and first option on the rest of it for spares. :)
Unlucky, while tidying the diving table, I happened across a bag of assorted o-rings and one has popped straight in! :teeth:

·
www.finingaround.co.uk
1,826 Posts

r
P

I'd find a good local instructor and ask them

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Unlucky, while tidying the diving table, I happened across a bag of assorted o-rings and one has popped straight in! :teeth:
If only it were that easy with women ....................... erm ....................... that is to say ........................... of course they would probably get a man to pop one in for them?

:embarassed:

·
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd find a good local instructor and ask them
It's his day off today :)

Kirstie said:
Have you tidied that kitchen table yet? And hung the washing out? Never mind o-rings, get on with your chores!
AND put the washing ot AND brought it all back in again 'cos it's pi$$ing down in sunny Plymouth :angry:

·
16,005 Posts
AND put the washing ot AND brought it all back in again 'cos it's pi$$ing down in sunny Plymouth :angry:
You can put it back out now - it's stopped raining :)

·
16,005 Posts
what have I told you two before huh? Get a room..

:)
Paul's skiving off at home and this is the only way I can give him his orders without using the work phone!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts