YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a secondhand twin set....10L with manifold.

Tried them out this weekend.

Found myself frog kicking because it was easier as my trim was wrong. Moved the tanks up for the second dive and the trim was better but was thinking 'I could do with more length on the hose to make turning my head easier.
For the first dive I had a stage on my left, my cheap scooter was on the boat.
Started thinking, 'If I bungie my spare reg around my neck I know which is my spare.'

Am I assimilating myself without realising it?

Or am I safe because all my cylinders are steel......

Neil

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
I think it maybe to late, have some strange men(normally 3) tried to groom/probe you while talking all goooee.

Dave

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I am safe as we have no sticky divers in the club.

Sold my jet fins about 20 years ago as they were too heavy and black. I like my Mares avanti.

Like the sound of a good probing though.....does it have to be strange men, can it be strange women instead?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The move to the dark side continues........

I put a long hose on my primary reg on Thursday and used some bungy to necklace my spare.

Have to say I like the freedom a long hose gives you - no pulling on the mouth.

However, I am the only person in the club who dives with twins.....so not much chance of a full conversion. I still have two pressure gauges as well, but one of those will come off this weekend.

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Am I assimilating myself without realising it?
Dragging yourself, kicking and screaming, into the 1980s when Bill Main defined the 'Hog' rig.

In about 25 years we'll get you on a rebreather and you'll think it all obvious too.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dragging yourself, kicking and screaming, into the 1980s when Bill Main defined the 'Hog' rig.

In about 25 years we'll get you on a rebreather and you'll think it all obvious too.
Oh no. Rebreathers are obvious. So is my lack of funds to buy one :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts