YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Conger Eel :D I saw a Conger Eel :D I saw a Conger Eel :D I saw a Conger Eel :D

In fact, I saw four :p

Simply fantastic dive on the Basil today

Good conditions, great viz (about 3 metres) beautiful Conger's, along with many other marvellous fish, the wreck was stunning, dived in slack and everything went perfectly :teeth: even though I forgot to put both pairs of socks on :embarassed:

As far as success criteria goes, all was surpassed.
Bloody marvellous :thumbsup:

I hope everyone else, who was diving, had an equally wonderful day :)

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
I saw a Conger Eel :D I saw a Conger Eel :D I saw a Conger Eel :D I saw a Conger Eel :D

Good conditions, great viz (about 3 metres) beautiful Conger's, along with many other marvellous fish, the wreck was stunning, dived in slack and everything went perfectly :teeth: even though I forgot to put both pairs of socks on :embarassed:

have you counted all of your fingers??
:frown:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Yep, about 5m of viz on the Prince Leopold today. AND we managed to shot it so well that a professional skipper used our shot :)

A great dive, followed up by another great dive on the Mulberrys (one of my favourites), some lovely Nudis and big schools of bib to hang with :D

In the words of Janos, "I love diving" :)

dan

·
Registered
24,810 Posts

Sounds like the dive we had on the Basil last week, Truly excellent - glad you had a good time.
:)

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Fridays dive was a bit boring....usual dolphins on the way out, a Brydes Whale on the way back, turtles, morays, stingrays and cuttle fish during the dive.....nothing new.

Glad you enjoyed yours and saw something new :)

Neil
Water temp now 31 degC at the surface and 27 at 20m.

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Fridays dive was a bit boring....usual dolphins on the way out, a Brydes Whale on the way back, turtles, morays, stingrays and cuttle fish during the dive.....nothing new.

Neil
Water temp now 31 degC at the surface and 27 at 20m.
yes your right it does sound boring! :frown:

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Glad you finally saw a conger - you won't miss them now! I can't wait for you to actually get good viz mind if you think 3m is "great"?!?! :eek:mg:

Didn't dive yesterday as I should have been today, but it is cancelled. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

·
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Sixy, come out with me, l get then to play in the open, :D
Mmmmm My buddy did suggest I pulled the tail of the enoorrrmous one to make it pop out but that's not my bag. They look so cute what an amazing colour ! :teeth:

Sounds like the dive we had on the Basil last week, Truly excellent - glad you had a good time.
:)
:rolleyes: :p
Glad you finally saw a conger - you won't miss them now! I can't wait for you to actually get good viz mind if you think 3m is "great"?!?! :eek:mg:
Thanks :) I know I'm a bit easily pleased on viz and I reckon I'm in for a marvellous surprise on this North Red Sea Wreck liveaboard. I am so excited about seeing a wreck clearly and, quite possibly, in it's entirety !!
Didn't dive yesterday as I should have been today, but it is cancelled. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
I hope you get out tomorrow. It's been a bit miserable today but all we need is calm :)

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Well done seeing your congers! Hooray. I demand photographic evidence. Weather is pants today, so spent today in bed watching the Grand Prix and reading the paper!!!

Roll on June 29th eh? :teeth:

·
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well done seeing your congers! Hooray. I demand photographic evidence. Weather is pants today, so spent today in bed watching the Grand Prix and reading the paper!!!

Roll on June 29th eh? :teeth:
They are sooooo beautiful Vonster and you will love them so we're still on for our Conger date with The Chesh :teeth:

Weather's atrocious today too but 32 days and counting :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts