YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi,

I have just got an Atx50 with an atx40 octo, not having used this type before and the instructions being about as much use as a chocolate fire guard i was wondering which way up does the first stage go, with the seal bit that says Apeks on it to the top or bottom.

ps sorry for stupid question.

thanks

Andy

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

There isn't a stupid question Andrew, they are all valid..

To answer this question I would say that the Apex should be sitting at the top but that isn't really cast in stone, I run a twinset with two Apex first stages and both of mine are set horizontally with the Apex seals pointing inwards towards each other.

HTH
Davey

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Andrew, You don't state which first stage you got with your set up, if its the DST (swivelling turret type)  then I always tell my trainees "Turret to the top", ie if it's going to swivel best allow it to do so freely,

if you've got the DS4 non-swivelling type, then I don't think it matters at all, but I would try to keep the transparent rubber section downwards for protections against accidental damage, but like Dave , mine are on a twinset so tend to point inwards , I keep the vulnerable soft part towards the inside of the configuration
HTH
Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

It is the swivell type, so i'll put the rubber bit on the bottom,

Thanks guys

Andy

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I use the swivel type and have them on a twin set so they are both at about 45 degrees at opposing angles. This alowes the straightest house route for my set up.

It doesnt matter which way up or arround they go. Just asemble the rig and plan the hose routing which provides the least stress on the hoses.

ATB

Mark Case

1 - 5 of 5 Posts