YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have an Inspo and want to change my Auto air over to a standard inflator, but keep the APD wing. I do not really want an inflator that you breathe from.....

Has anyone done this? - what inflator? - any other bits needed? - any suggestions where to purchase the inflator/bits?.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Roy

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Any inflator will fit. But if you use an AP inflator the connection will be the same as your dil connector. Add a hose to the bail out and you have a few options.
Fit an over pressure relief valve to the first stage. The Auto Air is also the OP valve!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any inflator will fit. But if you use an AP inflator the connection will be the same as your dil connector. Add a hose to the bail out and you have a few options.
Fit an over pressure relief valve to the first stage. The Auto Air is also the OP valve!
Odin,

Cheers - sounds like a stupid question but where do I buy a standard inflator?

Happy to buy a non - AP one - have the standard hoses....and prefer to move to a standard for obvious reasons.

There is an OPV fitted on both 1st stages on the new Inspos...well I have them anyway???....

Cheers

Roy

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
The connections on the Dil/O2 are ap connectors. You will need to buy a AP DF inflator. ?Simply Scuba?
I also have the AP iflator stub fitted to my drysuit so my hoses are all compatable.

·
Tek & RB Instructor: fluent in 'Franglaise'
1,028 Posts
You can fit any inflator, but will need to change the LP inflator feed hose as this is an AP-unique fitting.

Speak to Brett at DiveLIfe, he will point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Dave Cooper.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Why don't you look out for an old ABLJ mouthpiece? The old AP ones are the correct size. They used to have an integral direct feed fitting and the older ones had a retro fit DF fitting. All you need then is a standard hose off the shelf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.