YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Si-Tech or Apex original, the low profile one is 'fragile'. Both are about £45 new and can be fitted by user. Alternatively get a second hand one from E-bay. Si-Tech's are difficult to source, I tried for weeks to get hold of one and all the stockists were unavailable to supply.

As for fitting yourself, others on here have done it, I had mine done professionaly.

HTH
Matt

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Jason cant agree about the Apex low profile (or copy) they're crap, they leak after a short while and break very easily when removed or replaced and they are overpriced rubbish in my opinion.

Matt

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Sean
as I said 'my opinion' but the one I had on my Oceanic, so it was a copy, dry suit, broke as soon as I tried to remove it to clean it out. Admittedly I didnt push down and twist as per the instructions on the replacement.

Matt

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Good point DOm, we have redundancy for almost everything, but not for the dump, now there's a thought.
Talking of DIR (not having a go here) but isnt the mantra, if you need it take two, if you dont, leave it on the boat.
What's their take on dumps.

Matt

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Deep Dive dont do SiTech, they used to and at a great price, but the web page is very old and no longer supported. I know cos I tried to order it at £25 (approx) and ended up buying an Apex at £45, Sitech was about the same price but out of stock.  
 and I needed a valve for a dive quick.
Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.