YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi,

Suppose this is the part where i introduce myself really, anyway i'm Graham , From Edinburgh.
I'm a AOW with around 25 dives after I went on a sharm liveaboard last september which quite frankly was amazing :),
No real UK dives yet apart from my original qualifying which i'm hoping to rectify this year. I've pulled my finger out and booked my dry suit course in a couple of weeks hopefully over the next year or 2 i hope to be safe and experienced enough to do scapa which has been an ambition for ooh so long.

Anyway this looks like a nice place, i've certainly picked up a lot of valuable beginner information from lurking around over the last few weeks.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
12 Posts
Imported post

Hi Graham,
A New member myself. I used to run to Leith regular on a heavy lift ship. Are you familiary with the Milne Bar on Rose Street and the Black Bull opposite the St James shopping centre. Smashing place Edinburgh.
Refards, ****

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard Graham - yet another member of the YD Scottish faction! We're gonna have to franchise this out I think. Good luck with your dry course - you'll find differenct people have different opinions about it but I found it worthwhile.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey G,

Welcome to YD mate. Good luck on all your coming courses and if we can be of any help, please just ask.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Welcome Mr G.

As you might know me and Fi are both Edinburgh residents as is Driftwood and there's a few others too.

Who are you doing your drysuit with? Just wondered.

You'll have to meet up for a beer with me and Drifty soon and after you've got the drybag squared away we can get you out for a dip.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

ta,

perhaps a jock-divers subsection could be in order :)
Ahh the black bull a "proper boozer!"   i was in there last week in fact.

Re the dry bag course, I was in 2 minds regarding it tbh as i'm starting to see limitations in padi already , but i've asked my instructor if I  can revisit some basic drills and hopefully smb deployment plus its at St Abbs so should certainly be worthwhile even as an expensive refresher.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

Hi Gav
I didn't know there were other edinburgh folk around superb - beers sound good, a dip even better.

I did my original OW with Edin dive centre but was refered to deep blue by them for the drysuit.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Right that's it. Too many folk from bloody Edinburgh on this forum now. I am going on strike untill a concious effort is made to get some more folk from the Glasgow direction. I'm sitting over here like the spare rib. To the South millions of English and to the East literally tens of Edinbores.

Anyway welcome to YD and feel free to ask any questions and reply to any that you can help with.

Peter

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>The guys at deepbluescuba are mates of mine and they are both very nice chaps and they'll get you flying the bag in no time. When are you doing you course? I might be along doing some buddying duty/DMing

Drop me an email or PM me if you wanna beer sometime and I'll try and get Drifty out too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imported post

Hi Gav,
Excellent recommendation

I've got a Pool sess on the 13th and St Abbs the weekend after, can't miss me i'll be the fat barsteward floundering around invered.

Re beers , I'll drop ya a pm.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>             

Hello G and welcome to the boards.
Looks like you have made lots of friends already  

Hey Peter
Why not call glasgow a suburb of Edinburgh?
and then you can all be one happy family.
Or call yourselves “The Southern Scottish Contingent”
or “The Lowland Divers”
We all know proper Scotsman come from the highlands
where they wear them skirt thingies and throw telegraph poles around.
So there isn’t much difference between Edinburgh and Glasgow,
when all said and done you are only an extension of
Northern England.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Right that's it. I've never been so offended in my life. Me'n'you big man in the carpark right now.(Or D/Net as it's better known as) I'll feckin' suburb of Edinburgh you. It's full of politicians, drug addicts and whores.(present company excepted) Most of whom can be found in the same building. Many are in fact more than one at the same time.
  BUT, on the other hand, My Dear Green Place is a nice peaceful city. Birdies twitter away in the trees, The skies are, emm, sky blue, People greet each other with big smiles as they are walking through Duke Street. The water is also spiked with masses of L.S.D.

Peter

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>                     

Peter.
Twittering birds!!  are they pi**ed?
Didn’t think you would take it so seriously
only joking    “te  he”
Wot’s it to be hand bags at dawn then?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts