YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a course at Vobster at the end of May and need a B&B somewhere near there would be great but everywhere i've used before is charging what i think is stupid prices(£60 per night for a single),anyone got any ideas?

ps camping is an option but must have a hook up for electric.

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Matt,

Home farm - Welcome to Home Farm Guesthouse

(I think Bardo would approve ;))
cheers graham this was one i looked at for £60 a night,£30 a night minimum 2 sharing,or have i got that wrong?with 4 night's needed its nearly as much as the course!!
Edenvale farm was £30 per night but haven't seemed to have grasped email or answering the phone,also looked at the cavers lodge for £5 per night but i have been offered a room as a back up plan if all else fails for which i'm very grateful.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Hi Matt,

Home farm - Welcome to Home Farm Guesthouse

(I think Bardo would approve ;))
Indeed - and I'm sure the inlaws will be very pleased too! :)

Naturally I'm a bit biased but they do a cracking breakfast! :D:D:D

cheers graham this was one i looked at for £60 a night,£30 a night minimum 2 sharing,or have i got that wrong?with 4 night's needed its nearly as much as the course!!
Edenvale farm was £30 per night but haven't seemed to have grasped email or answering the phone,also looked at the cavers lodge for £5 per night but i have been offered a room as a back up plan if all else fails for which i'm very grateful.
Prices are £30 PER PERSON / PER NIGHT which is pretty much going rate for a B&B in this area. They're lovely people (even if they are my inlaws!) and - as I said before - the breakfast is to die for!

They've recently installed flat screen TVs with DVD players and freeview in all rooms so the entertainment has improved dramatically :)

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Indeed - and I'm sure the inlaws will be very pleased too! :)

Naturally I'm a bit biased but they do a cracking breakfast! :D:D:D

Prices are £30 PER PERSON / PER NIGHT which is pretty much going rate for a B&B in this area. They're lovely people (even if they are my inlaws!) and - as I said before - the breakfast is to die for!

They've recently installed flat screen TVs with DVD players and freeview in all rooms so the entertainment has improved dramatically :)
ok i'll call them,how far from Vobster are they?

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers Bardo price has gone up to £35 per night so provisionally booked as i'm sure Edenvale was £25 when i last stayed but there was a few of us and she still hasn't answered the phone!!!!

·
Technically a diver
1,200 Posts
Yep, walk out of the gate of Home farm and turn left up to the crossroads and turn right. There's a pub that does food about 5-10 mins walk down that road on the right hand side.

Reactions: matt 232

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Yes billy no mates,anywhere decent to eat nearby?
Yeah, the Poplars pub that Alun mentions is within easy walking distance down the road - they do some cracking food in there! There's a full list of pubs, restaurants and take aways on the Home Farm website...

Welcome to Home Farm Guesthouse

If you're happy to drive, I'd also recommend the Cross Guns pub which is only about 5 mins from Homefarm - the food there is even better!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.