YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

This is only my second dive with this rig (c5050 Ikelite housing) and it's not going to bad. Spent 86 minutes pottering around taking 35 pic's of which 6 are all right. Hope you like them.

Allan

·
Registered
609 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hey, those look very nice. You certainly have a better flash than the one on my Canon S40. Is there a diffuser on the flash?

Good closeups, evident from that tompot blenny or whatever it's called in English.

Kyrre

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>nice pic's dude,

was that the sunday just gone??

regards

mark

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Sorry I did not reply sooner but my computer went tits up.

Kyrre, We do call them Tompots here, as for flash I'm using the one on the camera with a diffuser on the housing, this is ok for macro shots but still get a lot of backscatter. Hope to get a strobe some time but the one I'm looking at costs as much as the camera.

mark, Yes I was there this sunday just gone, got there midday and took half an hour to get a parking space

Allan

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>thought so, i came out with that crab for my dinner

seriously though....i was there on sunday.

what were you driving / who with? i was there till about 3pm.

regards

mark

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Hi Mark I drive a blue Toyota Corolla and would have been easy to spot as I was soloing with twin 10's, a tad extreme for shore diving but they give me some serious bottom times and when soloing they give me all the redundancy I need, although I am considering swopping then for twin 7's if any one is interested.

Allan

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Excellent pics !!!

I would recommend the Ikelite DS125 strobe with TTL sensor if you are after a strobe

Kirky

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>nah!!

didn't see ya mate.

i was parked by the cafe in a white van and was wearing a single seven+pony and... all in black, all in black, oop's just remembered i cant sing that on here.

just been on slagnet for a spot of fun and came back minus my manners.  

regards

mark

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Thanks Kirky, the DS125 strobe is what I've been looking at but I would rather have the manual controller as I'm a control freak (so the wife tells me). If I get my arse in gear I'm going to have another go a Babbacombe tomorrow.

Allan

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>trekkie,

yeah, that was me mate.

i dont know if you saw me but i was suffering badly from a night out in torquay, hence only one dive and the use of 80%.

felt like ian wright when i got out though  

regards

mark

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

Hi Mark

You saw me and I spoke to you on your way out as I took your parking space next to the Land Rover at the bottom corner of the car park.

Hope to be there this saturday unless the weather puts pay to it or I get a better offer.

Allan

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>now i remember! recognize the face as well.

i hope you got into the space easier than i got up the HILL!!

regards

mark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts