YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble getting on the Babbacombe webcam, does anyone know if it's offline or am I having trouble with my PC again?
Am planning to visit and do a couple of dives tomorrow afternoon but don't really want a wasted journey.
Doug

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
There was a bloke in there last time I was there (which was last July, with Turbie and Spacehopper) but he seemed fairly cheerful and didn't tell me his name! :)
drives (or used to drive) a old beaten up peugeot estate, always in shorts, sandals and shirt. dead scruffy looking - wild hair and glasses. Lovely bloke - he really is.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats what I was trying to find out, for tomorrow. I think I'll try phoning the cafe or divers down in the morning to make sure the wind hasn't turned and made it a no go.
I really want to dive in the sea and this is my only chance for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
drives (or used to drive) a old beaten up peugeot estate, always in shorts, sandals and shirt. dead scruffy looking - wild hair and glasses. Lovely bloke - he really is.
super bloke :thumbsup: - he lent me some fins last month cos I'd forgotton mine, otherwise it would have been a completely wasted trip

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thats what I was trying to find out, for tomorrow. I think I'll try phoning the cafe or divers down in the morning to make sure the wind hasn't turned and made it a no go.
I really want to dive in the sea and this is my only chance for a couple of weeks.
can you keep us posted either way?

thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wayne (The cafe owner) is a top man, give them a ring. But basically if the winds are easterly, forget it.

Daz
yep, there is another site 30ish mins away if its on easterlys.
Cant remeber the name, will make a few calls to try to find out!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
can you keep us posted either way?

thanks
No problem, I'll be phoning the cafe around 11am if it's not on I'm open to suggestions, never dived Brixam but if anyone has any info on it that would be helpful. Thurlstone is usually a good bet if Babbacombe is blown out but it's another 1/2 to 3/4 hour down the road for me.
I welcome suggestions.
Doug

·
Registered
759 Posts
sounds a silly question, but..
i was planning to go on sunday.
easterlys due saturday, north on sunday.
is the wind just relevent on the day or will saturday effect it.

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
Hope Cove is a lovely dive and not too far from Babbacombe. It's facing the other way, so if Babbacombe isn't diveable, Hope Cove usually is.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Website says it is best dived 2hrs either side of high tide, however high tide is at 7.
Which would mean me having to get up about 3am! :-o not a chance!

lol, maybe another day

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.