YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Babbacombe

869 views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Wet & Broke 
#1 ·
I'm having trouble getting on the Babbacombe webcam, does anyone know if it's offline or am I having trouble with my PC again?
Am planning to visit and do a couple of dives tomorrow afternoon but don't really want a wasted journey.
Doug

#6 ·
There was a bloke in there last time I was there (which was last July, with Turbie and Spacehopper) but he seemed fairly cheerful and didn't tell me his name! :)
drives (or used to drive) a old beaten up peugeot estate, always in shorts, sandals and shirt. dead scruffy looking - wild hair and glasses. Lovely bloke - he really is.

#8 ·
Thats what I was trying to find out, for tomorrow. I think I'll try phoning the cafe or divers down in the morning to make sure the wind hasn't turned and made it a no go.
I really want to dive in the sea and this is my only chance for a couple of weeks.

#17 ·
sounds a silly question, but..
i was planning to go on sunday.
easterlys due saturday, north on sunday.
is the wind just relevent on the day or will saturday effect it.

#20 ·
Website says it is best dived 2hrs either side of high tide, however high tide is at 7.
Which would mean me having to get up about 3am! :-o not a chance!

lol, maybe another day

#21 ·
I ended up giving Babbacombe a miss after phoning the cafe. The guy who runs it told us that the easterly wind were making it a little choppy, we felt that even if we could get in ok the chop would take a fair bit of the vis away. We went down to Swanage instead and dived the pier, it was a bit futher to drive but we had never done it before, and for a shallow bimble it was well worth it, what a nice dive!
If I get the chance later I will see if I can write a report on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.