YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Me, the Dougie Paddler and Drifty popped down to St Abbs on Saturday for a bimble about and jolly good it was too.

First dive around Seagull Rock, Drifty had split a wrist seal whilst kitting up and after a few minutes in he was getting a bit wet and the repair with a knife strap was starting to make his hand a bit blue.

Me and Dougie carried on for 30 mins and the viz was a very nice 6m - maybe more.

After getting out Billy A was shouting me saying he had space for a dip and whilst he filled Dougie's tin (Billy hasn't got a 300 bar adapter) so Gavin had to do the second dive with the 120 bar I'd got left in the sevens from the barely 200 bar he got from Southcroft.

FOR INFO - Southcroft are doing Nitrox at £5 for any 12l fill to 40% and any twinset to 40% for a tenner. They are planning to offer Trimix but won't quote a a price per litre yet.

Billy A has got his air banks running and at £2.50 a fill it's not bad at all.

Anyway,

Off we went to the Skellys with some guys from East Kilbride and popped through Skelly hole and off into some remarkable dead men's fingers, plumoses, jewels, shoals of pollack, lobbies, crabs, and even an octopus(it was being consumed by a starfish tho')

Back on the boat 40 mins later, a bit cold (water temp 6-7) but certainly refreshed.

If you see southerlies or souwesterlies get to Abbs before the lunatic season starts.

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Sorry Porg but I wasn't gonna drive to Northumberland back to abbs back to Northumberland and then Embra.

It's that Steve W's fault. Getting a cold my arse!

Abbs will still be there when you get yer motor !

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Well, they did go out on a boat....

Thikn I'm cursed with that suit of mine.....

First the zip, next dive the neck seal, next dive the wrist seal. Think I'll give up now

Thanks to Mr "Is that tight enough" Yates for the attempted improv fix (If only I had my roll of gaffa tape with me..)

PS Anyone travelling to Abbs in the next months see my post about road closures in Information

·
aka Rich.
166 Posts
Imported post

I'm off to St.Abbs in May, and was wondering what the car park situation is now. Remember reading a while ago that they are now charging £10 a day in the main car park, is this true ? Do you know if the harbour car park has put it's price up to the same ?

Thanks.

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>They were charging £5 on Sat and the harbour carpark is closed at the moment.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Dunno, meter was out of order t'other week, but I didn't notice anything about £10 charge, you can guarantee that the Harbour trust will put theis up if this is the case as they charge a full day rate even if you're only there an hour

·
Optimist
119 Posts
Imported post

The carpark charges are 50p for up to 2 hours & £5 for all day. An attendant was there all day Sunday, waiting to punish any defaulters.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Was there Saturday as well until about 2pm. Remember to take change with you kiddies as the cafe is not too keen on handing out piles of 5 £1 coins....

·
aka Rich.
166 Posts
Imported post

We are staying in the Bunk House in the Harbour area, but I wasn't sure if there was any free parking available. Will have to ask the organiser and see if it's a possibility.

Don't mind paying a £5 to the harbour car park as it's for the upkeep of the harbour, etc....but wasn't too happy about the prospect of paying out twenty quid for two days parking !!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (richarddbarker @ April 20 2004,14:07)]We are staying in the Bunk House in the Harbour area, but I wasn't sure if there was any free parking available.
If your staying at Billy's bunkhouse he has parking for a couple of cars, I'd check with him.

Definitely time to dive Abbs, we arrived around mid-day Saturday and there were a few carparking spaces even without harbour parking available.

Dougie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.