YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new Boris on Friday, took it straight home for a good fettling and fitted a Kent Tooling harness & Backplate. Saturday saw me at Vobster with Uri & SimonA for tests, the unit worked fine but unfortunatel my new drysuit seemed to leak badly. Today I went to Wraysbury with SimonA, this time however the drysuit seemed to work ok, most odd, I wore a weezle yesterday and Xerotherm's today so I wonder if it was a neck seal issue (more bulk in the neck area on the weezle).

I'm very happy to be wet again, looking forward to diving the Lanfrance & others next weekend.

Ian

·
Registered
475 Posts
Phoenix said:
I picked up my new Boris on Friday, took it straight home for a good fettling and fitted a Kent Tooling harness & Backplate. Ian
Ian, good news on the unit. Did you collect it directly from CCR? If you did I just missed you, it seems. I took my unit down to have the canister mod and a few other niggles sorted out.

How are you getting on with the new backplate and harness? How did you route your manual inject hoses? I swapped over to my OMS harness and plate but am still not sure. Have you kept the original CD wing on? After altering my OMS wing I put that on. I'm not happy with the routing of the manual inject feeds though (even though Jason didn't seem to think it was a problem). Jason was saying the official CCR OMS wont be ready for a while yet.

Regards

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Glad to hear you have the new kit and have been back in the water. Hopefully you'll keep having dry dives like the second lot.

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gledders said:
Welcome back :)

Still wish you had found the original..... maybe you did but just didn't want to say ;)
No such luck, I'm probably the only diver to have spent (nearly) as much as you in the last 12 months!

Ian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.