YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mate as offered to make a back plate for me, he says all he needs is a template.

Anyone got any idea were i could find one, ie a website?

Many thanks

Wilko

·
Brittlestar Galactica
419 Posts
NigelH sent me the cad drawings and everything for the combro plate but I can't find them at the moment, drop him a PM.

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
No problem. Not that Nigel's wasn't a very fine plate but the mounting holes for the wing and cylinder bands weren't at 11" centres and I lobbed another couple of slots in for cambanding indies on and an additional slot so you can use 25 or 50mm crotch strap webbinb. Oh and on your drawing I've elongated the lower slots slightly so that if you bands aren't quite at 11" centres you can still get it on the backplate without swearing and getting the adjustables out. Some backplates have a long continuous slot here. Not a great engineering solution but you could get away with it I suppose.

If you are using it with a single then you might want to make the vee a bit shallower. It's designed for twinsets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.