YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I am present looking to get a backplate to replace my transpac but keep the wing .My main question is how much they differ from product and manufacturers. Is there a set standard of spacing for the different cut out bits .Even though it will be used for doubles if using with a single i prefer not to mess about with STA and just use cam bands (would my dive rite ones fit).will the spacing for the bolts on my wing marry up with various manufacturers.I have looked at nigels combo backplate at it seems to be what i am after is it really one size/model fits all.

Reards,

MAL..

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

YES to everything Mal on the Combro plate,

Tried and tested exactly the same situation as you,  I have tried it with my trekwing and my recwing.  The cambands fit straight in and with both cambands a single cylinder is held very securely without any need for a STA.  Also use mine with twins and the holes on the plate and the wings line up no problems.

Get a combro plate, you won't regret it especially when you compare the price to some other plates.

HTH
Daz

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Thanks Daz,
You can' beat "tried and tested" takes away the doubts and worries.so i quess thats that sorted ,cheers mate .

Regards,

MAL..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts