YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I feel the need to vent..
I've had a crappy week with my car, and to top it off I've had a bad chest cold type thing which has been getting worse over the week. So rang up today to say I couldn't make the dive tomorrow :frown:
So I'm sat here, actually feeling a lot better, and for no reason whatsoever, my upper lip has decided to swell up like a balloon! Why?? I look like I'm wearing a gumshield!!
So looks like I'll be sat up for a while, seeing if it gets any worse (sigh)
Taken an anti histamine to se if that does the trick...
So please feel free to entertain me with any funny stories/links because I feel the need to be cheered up :)

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
So please feel free to entertain me with any funny stories/links because I feel the need to be cheered up :)

Well, there's this blokey on Gloc's Scapa thread who reckons there's no good shallow wreck sites :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Well, if it's any consolation I've just worked out that in the 12 months up to its MOT yesterday my car has had £1450 spent on it in repairs and maintenance alone and another £800 coming for work I've got scheduled next week. Add to that perhaps £2000 in depreciation over that period too. It's worth it though . :)

Finally got my hands on your fins yesterday too. They look like you've hardly used them!

Cheers.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know u got them, enjoy :)
Apparently, I had an allergic reaction so spent all morning looking like a chipmonk, all better now tho`
My car`s up for sale, and I`ve found a cheap runabout to replace it (it`s an estate, so better 4 diving)
Hopefully next week will be better...

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
spent all morning looking like a chipmonk,
Scribley and Digger Chipmonk. The perfect Match :p

Talking of which, has anyone noticed the likeness between Digs & McGee in NCIS ?

Glad you're feeling better Scrib, good afternoon in the sun with bbq sausages and loads of diving talk always hits the spot :D

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
Me thinks that you are either watching too much of Digger or not enough TV!
Juz
Not enough TV ! :eek:mg: I've just about caught up with NCIS by watching it every night for the last 2 months and I still haven't seen the episode where Kate got shot :angry:
Can't help it. I've really got into it. I think it started 'cos Mark Harman is so good looking and I just love the goth forensic scientist that sleeps in a coffin. She's so cool and make me wanna be a goth :p

Anyone else hooked ?

·
Make mine a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.
1,763 Posts
Me thinks that you are either watching too much of Digger or not enough TV!

Juz
I'd heard that Digger IS a TV

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well, in the space of 48hrs (while feeling like [email protected]) I've managed to advertise my car on Autotrader, sell it for my asking price cash in hand and pick up the new dive mobile :teeth:

Car's pretty good, the water jets don't squirt and there's a couple of reasonable sized rust patches in the engine bay that will probably need welding to pass it's MoT next year but other than that all looks pretty sound. Got a fair bit more power than I expected too (ok, I won;t be breaking any land speed records - or the national speed limit for that matter :wink: )
But for £650 i can't complain..

Here's looking forward to a better week :) :rainbow: :)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts

·
Make mine a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.
1,763 Posts
Car's pretty good, the water jets don't squirt and there's a couple of reasonable sized rust patches in the engine bay that will probably need welding to pass it's MoT next year but other than that all looks pretty sound. Got a fair bit more power than I expected too (ok, I won;t be breaking any land speed records - or the national speed limit for that matter :wink: )
But for £650 i can't complain..

Here's looking forward to a better week :) :rainbow: :)
You will probably find that the screen wash pump is bu88ered, I seem to remember it mounts into the wash bottle that lives under the offside front wing, hidden by a bit of plastic and tends to seize up.

HTH,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts