YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Barbados

844 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JAG 
#1 ·
Imported post

The girlfriend (a travel agent) has got us a week in Barbados going next Friday for £250  
 Seems rude not to at that price and whilst this is not strictly a diving holiday i'd be silly not to take full advantage of the opportunity!

So has anyone done any diving in Barbados, what's it like, can you recommend a dive centre, any recommended dives etc?

See less See more
#4 ·
Imported post

I was there a couple of years ago, dived with an outfit called High Tide watersports, based in the marine reserve, who were OK (or so I thought at the time anyway - I was newly qualified). They do turtle tagging expeditions - you dive along with researchers who catch turtles, tag and measure them for research purposes then return them. The main attraction is the SS Stavaronikita; some other nice small wrecks as well. Some interesting fish life (e.g. frogfish in Carlisle bay), lots of impressive big colourful sponges too. Will look out some more detials and a couple of pictures in the next day or so if I can - PM me a reminder if I forget.

Oh yeah, we bumped into Cliff Richard as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.