YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Due over there for a few days mid July and want to get a couple of days diving in.

Can anyone recommend any dive centres, preferably English speaking?

Also any sites I really shouldn't miss / really should avoid?

Is shore diving an option, and do you have to drive far out from Barcelona to dive?

Anything I need to be aware of (e.g. I'm assuming PADI is recognised, but...?)

Thanks in advance,
Dave.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Dave
The main area for diving in that area are the Medes Islands off Estartit. That is 140kms from Barcelona, probaly a 2 hours drive depending on your speed.
I havn't dived there personally but that is supposedely one the best diving off the peninsula (Iberian). There are a number of dive centers around there, one of them is run by Diveinn Diveinn
I can't find a list of places but have a look at the Padi web site for a list of centers. The larger places will speak English for sure and PADI is well recognised over.
Insurance is obligatory in Spain, if you don't have it you normally pay the shop with the dive but it is always best to have your own.
Another thing is this is that as this area is popular you will want to book in advance, try at least 5-7 days if possible.
There is also a liveaboard, if you are interest I can try to dig out the adress from some dusty Spanish dive mag.
Best if luck and let us know how it went.
Chris

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Thanks Chris.
I won't be needing liveaboard info as I'm only only over for a long weekend. Do you know whether there is any diving closer than 140km, even if it's not as great?
Dave.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Dave
You can try these people: Nautitracion
They are a PADI 5 star center based in Barcelona though can not figure out where they go diving. Try dropping them an e-mail (write in English) [email protected]
The trip to Estartit is mostly motorway so the 140km you can do in an hour and a bit.
best of luck
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts