YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hey guys,

i just thought i would tell you about the drysuit that i heard about in scapa.  Ben from scapa scuba did my nitrox course, and we all bummed along to his shop in stromness.  There, sat on the counter were a load of hoods WITH HORNS! well, me being me, i had to have one.  Anyhow, he told me about a suit he made for a guy - batman.  Complete with hood, yellow bat on the chest, spikey arm bits.  This guy is apparently a trimix diver, so picture this - you are at 60m, narked outta your box, and Batman swims past.  Jeez.  

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Do they come with a chest embossed with amazingly impressive pectoral muscles and a 6-pack? If so, I know a few people who need them

What about a cape..?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Maybe he can make a replacement for howard I think he's on the look out for a new suit at the moment with a similar degree of style and poise as his old one

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

It did have a cape, apparently....and a wee belty thing with pockets on for his bat toys.  hehe.  It had the bat in yellow neoprene sewn into the chest.  He wants to do a spiderman suit, and a superman suit too.  I asked for a miss whiplash suit.  He went a very funny colour.  

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Howard has one of those horned hoods too (I want one!!) when I looked up to see where he was and saw his silhouette with horns bearing down in my direction,  it was a bit of an adrenaline rush

Does anyone know anywhere apart from Scapa to get novelty dive hoods?

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Nope, but im bringing the hood with me to the dive show.  Im gonna see if i can get a rebreather trial and wear it in the pool.  hehe

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Just had to show you my hood again and l want a batman suit or maybe spiderman.

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Oh and by the way, Ben does mail order.  Might be a bit slow since it has to go by ferry, so maybe add a couple of days onto the delivery time.  Look under www.scapascuba.co.uk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts