YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I am a fan of Nick Knowles... he is a great guy, rugged, nice and just ... well nice. DIY SOS makes you want to mess your house up so they can come and fix it again whilst you sit and admire...

(note to self... call doctor for tablets for madness)

but... what the heck is going on with that complete and utter rubbish that was on the tele tonight. What is all that wedding mockery doing on there?? A wedding with fish and chips on the menu... unusual for certain..

I cant help it, I was unable to switch over I had to see if it would get better but it did not.... I am sorry, that is not what it is all about. Yes, great to have a wedding on a budget, but that was just a complete and utter... what?????????? I was sort of left with the feeling that it was all a bit... well, odd...

Nick, get decorating mate, I dont want to end up going off you...

phew... feel better now... what a week.. lol

B x

·
Open Wide
2,417 Posts
I thought the fish n chips was quite a refreshing thought in the modern wedding world. Wish I'd have thought of it for mine. I did ask Mrs Endoman how much ours cost, £700 total, including 2 receptions, now that's value! I actually went to my wedding on the bus, I kid you not.

Didn't watch all the programme as it's the sort of thing that would rather have me counting sand grains in Blue Lagoon than watching, but I did like the fish n chips thing. Bet the guests love them as well! Better than anaemic chicken. Oh and Nick needs to stand a little closer to his razor.

·
Getting Grumpy, Old and Twisted
3,115 Posts
Tried to watch that wedding shite but it was just too much so I switched to C4 and found it more entertaining watching Agie & whatsisface cleaning some old gal's house that resembled a land fill site. How bad can telly get?

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
The best wedding I have ever been to (not including our, obviously) had a takeaway delivered to a village hall, with a ceilidh band and lots of folk dancing with their shoes kicked off.

Fish & chips sounds far better than all these sad sorts who think they need to make a grand statement.

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
The best wedding I have ever been to (not including our, obviously) had a takeaway delivered to a village hall, with a ceilidh band and lots of folk dancing with their shoes kicked off.

Fish & chips sounds far better than all these sad sorts who think they need to make a grand statement.
Actually I agree - there is so much pressure for people to spend a lot of money. It should be a celebration, not a statement of wealth (or how much debt you can get yourself into just for the big day!).

·
Mad as a Haddock
2,206 Posts
Seems like weddings are the new DIY, Dr.Gillian spent the other night trying to get three heffers thin enough to fit into a skinny dress.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.